Gold Coast QLD - where to coin shoot ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSellin

Brent
Reaction score
Hey gang am at Cypress / Gold coast highway for a week. Have my gear

ny tips where to go ?

I see a post from Catalyst at the sunshine coast, he might know more. You could look at his profile ?

Will go for a wander mid week. See if I get anything. Have a feeling it will be fished out or I rained on.

They say that between the shell and grit line down to the ripple field is the best place for wet sand targets, but you need the low tide for that. I don't mind the dry sand because you can crank the sensitivity up to full and go all metal with the ace. Have you ever come across this fellow before, he knows his stuff. Presenting.......Crack Badger

And there's more...

And then there is this...

....I hope this pumps you up for the Cypress Quest !

Well I had a blast - found $10 in loose change and a necklace token thing. Rings as silver.

The locals were the best, they all told me where other detectorists go and that I will be pushing it uphill. Well after a couple of hours grinding the beech I was losing badly to the sun. $1.65c so far. Then a new local told me that the people who do the beech, do not do the metered car park grasses areas. So in the last 30 mins of the dayI found the rest of my fortune - yay was super happy.
Will try for another poke later in the week but that's me spent I think

Are you any where near Ewan Batt Park on Neptune Court(looks like a bit of morning shade there).
Or the James Overell Park at Biggs Place, it looks like they used to play sport there, and there is a sandy money trap spot too, by the looks of it.

I am near the adrenalin park on cypress avenue. Used my cash on a pokie last night and tripled it :)

Been advised that was my last day, moving up to Ormeau today so will see what's up there.

after a storm i'd give it a go down between the sand pumping jetty and the seaway the water is always swirled around there stuff may get deposited. if and when i get a detector that's one of my first plans of attack :)

Latest posts