Nokta Fors Scores

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all,

As some of you know, I've been playing with a Fors Core for a while, and Nokta Australia also sent me a Gold + to review.

I have a bunch of testing notes to write up, and when done I'll put up as a blog on my website. But as a clue to my general thoughts on the models
I have decided to add the Noktas (as well as the Gold Racer) to my produce line-up, so yeah overall I'm pretty impressed.

But in the mean time, I thought I'd share the finds I've made from a few hunts.

1454811668_20151103_173734-1.jpg

1454811668_20151123_181451-1.jpg

Haha not only do you do alright on the nuggets you can hammer the coins.
I would venture to say anyone determined enough to go out and use a detector, learn it, and get some decent ground should have no trouble picking up enough finds to pay a detector off.
That last hunt is a nice chunk of change, and the rams head in the early pic looks alright too.
Any pros and cons you'd like to share Phase tech or a review coming out? I just reread the post....a link when you're done to the blog post would be great.
So many detectors I would love to try....seems a shame to only own one.

Yeah full review I'm working on along with a tonne of other things, but here's a quick summary.

What I like:

- great balance
- coils are nicely built, especially the 11x7" CoRe coil
- huge run time on 4 x AA rechargeables
- ground balance options: grab, manual or Tracking
- very good target separation
- huge Sens range - run as tame or hot as you desire
- ID readout on top of handle, no other distractions
- ID is very consistent. Coins lock on, beaver tail pull tabs jump around
- Night light
- Rubber grommet for headphone socket
- Volume control has a very good range
- VCO audio in the 2-tone modes, like a gold detector with full discrimination
- Carry bag in the pro-pack is a thing of beauty - very good quality.
- love the satin gold shaft in the Gold and Gold + models.
- All metal mode with small coil on both units, (but particularly Gold+) very impressive on small gold
- Pin-point mode works very well to size up targets. Prevents you digging pipes, man hole covers etc.

What could be better:

- The handle is very comfortable apart from the texture, would be nice if it was ribbed. Easily fixed with some tennis raquet grip tape
- All settings saving should be automatic in my opinion. But at least the option is there to save your preferences.
- Headphones are pretty decent for the price of the detector, but I'd like to see a curly cord. Or just use them at home to listen to music or watching YouTube detecting videos when your other half is not impressed ;)
- Armrest and strap is very comfortable, but i'd like to see the armrest raised just a touch - even 1 cm would help when winter comes and the diameter of your forearm doubles with clothing layers

We are so spoilt for choice with all these European/Middle East based detectors hitting the market. Always happy to read your reviews and see the results of your finds Nenad, looks like you have been busy judging by all those finds. Are you looking to do anything with the regular Racer, or mainly sticking with the more gold oriented detectors? :)

Heatho said:
Hey Nenad, nice finds, glad you started a thread on the Core. What's that ring in the gold pan, anything good? :)

Just a cheapy I think, wish it was silver as it's got a fair bit of weight to it!

PhaseTech said:
Heatho said:
Hey Nenad, nice finds, glad you started a thread on the Core. What's that ring in the gold pan, anything good? :)

Just a cheapy I think, wish it was silver as it's got a fair bit of weight to it!

That's a pity as it looked like a good one in the photo.

Paulmarr said:
Found any gold with it?

Hi Paul, sorry just saw this now. I've only had it in the goldfields twice - the Gold Racer sort of took priority and I've had a lot of training lately. No gold but hoping to get more time with it now that it's cooling down. Planning to do a video comparing it to the Gold Racer on some different size nuggets.

The fors core gold was the Md that had me intersted both for coins/relics and gold detecting as well as price.
Watched you videos on the gold racer which also looks pretty good as well.
Out of the two which would be your choice for an all rounder that can target gold in most feild conditions.

Latest posts