Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dreamwalking said:
Interesting array of finds Silver, its good to have a variety of trophies to display and chat over rather than a bag full of pennies.
That it is Dw,.... although the bag full of pennies makes one feel like Gladstone Gander and with the luck thereof.
Was exciting to come away with the extras though (from done before ground), amazing what you can miss, and embarressingly enough from so shallow too,.... some of those pennys were just there and overloading like a shallow screwcap does, probably why I missed them first time around too. :/ :D

Here's the 1/2 ounce weight cleaned up.
I'll let the results speak for themselves.
1455278275_sam_6037.jpg

1455278276_sam_6039.jpg

1455278276_sam_6040.jpg

1455278346_sam_6041.jpg

1455278346_sam_6042.jpg

Although I do think I'm seeing that the weight was checked from 11-27 so that'd be 1911-1927.
I think that's an 11 above the 27 and in between the 1 and the 8 of 18. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :D :D

A good variety from that hunt Silver, pity the cross wasn't solid silver, at least you can still use on vampires lurking around your area. ;)

The weight is also a cool find, always handy to have date marks on finds. :)

Me too,... a bit hard to work out those dates on the back,... could even be a 31,.. or a 1,3,8,11, 21, 23, 27 even.

Goldpick said:
A good variety from that hunt Silver, pity the cross wasn't solid silver, at least you can still use on vampires lurking around your area. ;)

The weight is also a cool find, always handy to have date marks on finds. :)
All the Vampires here have proboscis with retracting sheath :/ ,.... hang on :eek: ,... wouldn't be that that sheath could allow viruses to stay viable as they aren't subject to oxygenation whilst protected under there :eek: ,... but the scientists would realise that Gp ,... wouldn't they !? ;)
Hey,... on a better note,.. how's all those dates,... I couldn't see any of them until after I looked once I'd used the brasso,... was a real surprise for me(and a treat too). :D

The results of the cleanup are exceptional, I still believe that finding the weight has a far better story behind it than does any coin... that is, unless its a 1930 or 1952 King George penny.

post No. 1247 shows the bent 1958 6d.
Here it is CAB'ed CLR'ed Bicarbed Boiled and then while hot flogged with a hammer between leather and two flat bits of steel.
After all that you'd recon it'd be all cleaned,... but no,... some crud still clings(flat though). :eek: :D
1455342144_sam_6047.jpg

1455342145_sam_6048.jpg

Ive got some better photos of the bullet and the mini lippy to put up once I get home,... probably after tea tonight. :D

Latest posts