Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cmon Daz,... we like em all toasty, scratched or just plain dirty from the dig,.... we will look at anything(even if it has Vallis Marrinaris scored across the face of it).(ha)
Tassie Daz said:
On our holidays so we decided to travel to Clermont so I could have a swing in the local gold fields. On the way we stopped in at a tiny pub for the night's free camping and as is always the case I pulled out the Trusty AT Pro. I hadn't walked 5 paces and a $1 coin saw the light of day and not too far on I was astounded to dig up a Stewart & Hemment One Penny Trade Token from circa 1863. I am stoked. Hope you like the picky as much as I like the little token. This is a photo of one like the one I found.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1436352559_stewart_amp_hemment_one_penny.png

Tassie Daz said:
On our holidays so we decided to travel to Clermont so I could have a swing in the local gold fields. On the way we stopped in at a tiny pub for the night's free camping and as is always the case I pulled out the Trusty AT Pro. I hadn't walked 5 paces and a $1 coin saw the light of day and not too far on I was astounded to dig up a Stewart & Hemment One Penny Trade Token from circa 1863. I am stoked. Hope you like the picky as much as I like the little token. This is a photo of one like the one I found.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1436352559_stewart_amp_hemment_one_penny.png

Top score :p
Show us a pic of your one though

I got the first florin yesterday, and thought the stars may have aligned, because it was getting late, and RJ was completely without a florin, or any silver. It wouldave been a good stir, for florin finger to get none, and me get one lol But it wasnt to be!

He said, that if that happened, he would be too ashamed to show his face around here...... Florin-beaten, by RKT....he just couldnt live with it lol

1436419584_dsc07942.jpg
1436419608_dsc07941.jpg

You asked for it. All I've done with it is wash it in soapy water and cleaned it with a tooth brush. Not very clean I know but best I can do on holidays. It doesn't have any knicks or gouges on it. I'll look forward to getting it really spruced up when I get home

There is a suburb in Brisbane called Hemmant named after a Parliamentarian William Hemmant.
William Hemmant (24 November 1837 20 September 1916)[1] was an Australian politician who served in the Legislative Assembly of Queensland from 1871 to 1876.[2]

Hemmant was born in Kirkgate, Yorkshire, England, to Thomas and Isabella (ne Richmond)[1] on 24 November 1837.[1] He worked as a draper in London before moving in 1859 to Ballarat, Victoria, where he worked as miner during the gold rush. He moved to Brisbane the following year, where he established a drapery shop with Alexander Stewart. The Great Fire of Brisbane in 1864 was said by some to have started in the Stewart and Hemmant shop, and the two gave evidence during a colonial inquiry into the fire. Nonetheless, the two built a successful department store and clothing manufactury.[2]

He traveled to England to marry Lucy Ground on the 20 September 1866, and returned to Brisbane early the next year. In1869 he built Eldernell House (named for a settlement in Cambridgeshire, near his wives birthplace) which is now the home of the Anglican Archbishop of Brisbane.

Hemmant was a director of the Australian Bank of Commerce and an alderman on the Brisbane City Council. He won the seat of East Moreton in the Legislative Assembly in 1871,[2] and successfully contested Bulimba in 1873.[2] He served as Colonial Treasurer from 1874 to 1876.[2] He is credited with producing four badges as candidates for the Flag of Queensland, from which the current badge, a crowned Maltese cross, was chosen.

After he left politics in 1876, he returned to England with his family, settling in Kent. He built a house called Bulimba in Sevenoaks. All told, Hemmant and Lucy had 10 children. He died on 20 September 1916, his 50th wedding anniversary.
Jaros :p

You might end up finding 1951 florins all year RJ,.... just to keep your game above RKTs,...... 146 Florins later,......AHHHHhahahahahaha. :D
Ramjet said:
Bahaha. Luckily for myself and the forum members I'll always out florin you Rocket. HMMM. Maybe I better keep a spare in my pocket for emergencies. :D

Thats an AWESOME find Daz... What a beauty!
Be very careful with the cleaning ... You dont want to wreck it
Looks pretty sweet just the way it is :D

Tassie Daz said:
You asked for it. All I've done with it is wash it in soapy water and cleaned it with a tooth brush. Not very clean I know but best I can do on holidays. It doesn't have any knicks or gouges on it. I'll look forward to getting it really spruced up when I get home

HOLY SMOKY!

Spent a couple of hours this arvo checking potential new spots. No honey holes but a place I can go back to with a big coil. I did find someone else's plug with a bottle cap with the glass still in it. Shame on you.

This spot is sporting fields that don't get used any more. The toilet block looked late 60s. After doing around the toilet block I wandered aimlessly for not much result. I had noticed one of the streets was guttered in stone. A sure sign of it's age. So Scanning along the edge of the gutter I got almost all today's finds including..... My oldest coin so far. An 1807 Half penny. OH and one silver, a threepence :D The brass sink plug was from the previous hunt where I found the gun.

1436514191_20150710_173256_copy.jpg

1436514191_20150710_170155_copy.jpg

1436514192_20150710_170204_copy.jpg

1436514192_20150710_170500_copy.jpg

1436514192_20150710_170249_copy.jpg

Sholley hit batman RJ,...well done on the old score,..........and the yaughty's wheel.

Ramjet said:
LonelySilver said:
Will there be a video?

I hope so. Though I had no idea what it was until I got home. i knew it was something different. Going to check the video replay now. Oh the kings head is upside down. I'll have to check if that was normal.

Got some good footage today. I'll post it when I'm done editing. :)

your onto a good spot or venturing into good territory.
its in good condition too. pretty crazy find. i mean was that dropped in and around that time of year or was it a bit later in the 1800s
pretty cool history