Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a market for molybdonite ? Found a reasonable lump of it a couple of years back and took it home to look into it .. never did and think its probably still sitting in the garden of that house .. ( have since moved)

1429395035_p1010702.jpg
Hi all first time at the beach with my fisher gold bug pro,usually up nundle playing in the dirt but thought i would give the beach ago, theses are my findings for a couple of hours work minus the 30 or so twist top bottle caps witch i removed from the beach.And does anyone know if you can you get hot rocks from the beach as the rocks in the picture were found a few inches under the sand.(and yes i did find the green scoop as well and it works nice ) :) :)

I think it's about $10 a pound Madworld.
madworld said:
Is there a market for molybdonite ? Found a reasonable lump of it a couple of years back and took it home to look into it .. never did and think its probably still sitting in the garden of that house .. ( have since moved)

The volcanic rocks(basalt) at the beach sometimes set off the signal,.. not all of them though.
rooster said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4940/1429395035_p1010702.jpgHi all first time at the beach with my fisher gold bug pro,usually up nundle playing in the dirt but thought i would give the beach ago, theses are my findings for a couple of hours work minus the 30 or so twist top bottle caps witch i removed from the beach.And does anyone know if you can you get hot rocks from the beach as the rocks in the picture were found a few inches under the sand.(and yes i did find the green scoop as well and it works nice ) :) :)

Got out for a half hour on the common,.... everyone with a detector who sees it would flog it to death for a look,..... still, I came up smiling,... there was even a sunbaking threepence just lying there taking in the sunshine.

1429442530_sam_0449.jpg

1944 shilling 925/1000 silver and a 1943 threepence 925/1000 silver.
1429442530_sam_0450.jpg

1927 half penny
1429442531_sam_0451.jpg

full on bent one cent.
1429442531_sam_0452.jpg

full on scratched one cent(don't know how I managed that), at least it was only copper.
Looks like I tried and tried hard to scratch this one.
1429442531_sam_0453.jpg

Thanks RJ, been over it the other week(east west),.... but this time went a different approach(north south) I think some rain in between times washed the soil off the top of the 3d(maybe a half milimetre of dirt),.... bit of a bare patch of ground. Found the shilling first,.. didn't spot the 3d until after the detector sounded off for it, looked like a nice round little bit of alloy lying there,... instantly turned into a 3d as I reached down to pick it up for a look.

Latest posts