Scratching and Sniffing at Yambulla with a modified WalBanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
Warning,
Yes, I unknowingly did the wrong thing. This area is within a Flora and Fauna Reserve.
Hence, Prospecting is a big no go. Fines are going to be issued if any one is caught in here.
( Edit add 23/02/2016 )

Well,
I modified my spray bars on my WalBanker not being really happy with just a single.
I came up with This,
1410693144_20140914_165654_medium.jpg

what a difference that made. :)
No bar to hit when shoveling, More steady flow even when loading and cuts that darn clay down like butter. :) :)
All 1.5 inch right to each 1" spray bar.
The setup,
1410693365_20140914_151435_medium.jpg

The Banker doing it's Thing,
1410693407_20140914_151611_medium.jpg

Then after all this fluffing around a bloke does get a bit Hungry and thirsty,
1410693461_20140914_165054_medium.jpg

The serenity of this place is unreal,
1410693501_20140914_165115_medium.jpg

And yes, I have found a good amount of that yellow stuff. I will post the results up when I finish sorting it out but I would reckon about 1.5 grams.
See you out there. :) :)

hi mate like the mods on the spray bar works good does it are you still getting the same pressure how the pump going. one other thing you said you had a minelab gt1600 iam looking at one at the moment can you still get replacement coils for these detector looks a bit rough

What did you do to the poor sluices legs? :( lol

Nice looking creek you have situated yourself in there mate, looks a beaut! Are you paranoid about the pump falling off the rock into the creek?

Terry,
It is a bit hard to find coils for them but they do appear from time to time.
Maybe a member can point one out. I have the standard 8" and a 14".
The Pump is going like a rocket, or Tornado. LOL.
Pressure at that hight is not a problem. I am able to keep up a better flow rate with this setup. The pump does not run as hard. If I have to get into the "Rough Stuff" I have a portable Davey high pressure 1.5 inch coupled to a 5 horse Honda. It nearly lifts the banker off the ground on full throttle. LOL "JetBunker" happening Thing. :cool:
AtomRat.
such is the versatility of a WalBanker, When you forget to put 2 of the legs in and then travel 90Klm's to your favorite spot.
Just find a convenient log and a few rocks. PMSl :lol:
I knew some one would see that but not the very brilliant spray bar setup. LOL 8)
At least I did not have to shovel that high...

About 600 to 800m further to the east where the river turns is where most of the alluvial wash is located. The records said it was richer there than next to the crossing there in the photos.

Harder to get to but that's where some parties did well.

Great stuff Tathradj, I'm with atomrat though, I would be very paranoid about losing my pump into the creek

The spray bar mods look the goods

Cheers

that's a spin tathradj I have the same Davey and Honda pump but got tornado pump because of weight it dose kick the banker along lol mite have to make one the spray bar as a standby

Yeah Tim,
It is getting a bit flogged and Forestry know about it.
Time to find another secret spot. :) :0
Redmanti, That area I think is in the catchment area. No Go.
But nice suggestion though. I am looking at the Wog Wog area but it is mostly National Sparks and Wildfires. Dueling Banjo's area too.

Tathradj said:
Yeah Tim,
But nice suggestion though. I am looking at the Wog Wog area but it is mostly National Sparks and Wildfires. Dueling Banjo's area too.

The Wallagaraugh River not a town water catchment area. It is in a major wood chip zone.

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/ieo/Towamba/maplg.htm

Last time I spoke to NSW Forestry they just want prospectors to watch out for the logging trucks and keep abreast of the road closure notices.

Thanks for that mate. :):)
I will have to investigate further.
I have become very friendly with a few local foresters and if I have to clear a clogged track to it that is not a problem. :):)
Especially if it gives access to water.
Thanks for that.
Maybe a good project for a out and out get together.

Redmanti said:
Tathradj said:
Yeah Tim,

The Wallagaraugh River not a town water catchment area. It is in a major wood chip zone.

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/ieo/Towamba/maplg.htm

Last time I spoke to NSW Forestry they just want prospectors to watch out for the logging trucks and keep abreast of the road closure notices.

The pump has "cotton Reel" feet on it and the hoses when running also hold it.
It is no problem at all but I do keep an eye on it.

MJB said:
Great stuff Tathradj, I'm with atomrat though, I would be very paranoid about losing my pump into the creek

The spray bar mods look the goods

Cheers

Might have to investigate the 'big bend' next week, will keep you posted. Nort to see at Wog Wog, move along please ;)

The "Big Bend" has got me real intreged. LOL
This will require a Leyland Brothers investigation. The sites are marked on the map I see.
Not real keen on the Wog Wog idea. Too much to do. :) :)

Tathradj said:
This will require a Leyland Brothers investigation. The sites are marked on the map I see.

It is where they made 'very good' wages compared to the bridge that wasn't great. Meant to have some nuggets there as well in the alluvial wash.

The reports are on the Trove index of newspaper reports. The bend is where you would expect much of the alluvial wash to be and is where the only Yambulla alluvial mine is also described to be located on the NSW Google Earth Index of mines.

Would be worth developing a trail in there longer term. It is a difficult trek in.

As for me I'm in tassie till the end of the year. There is a serious amount of heavies (alluvial tin) in the wash here and it is all sluice no high bankers.

Redmanti said:
Tathradj said:

It is where they made 'very good' wages compared to the bridge that wasn't great. Meant to have some nuggets there as well in the alluvial wash.

The reports are on the Trove index of newspaper reports. The bend is where you would expect much of the alluvial wash to be and is where the only Yambulla alluvial mine is also described to be located on the NSW Google Earth Index of mines.

Would be worth developing a trail in there longer term. It is a difficult trek in.

As for me I'm in tassie till the end of the year. There is a serious amount of heavies (alluvial tin) in the wash here and it is all sluice no high bankers.

no highbankers in all of that area or just the part where the forestry is ? 8.(

Not sure about it. I will have to ask a few questions as it is marked as a "Flora Reserve" on the forrestry maps.
The area could be marked as a no log area though as there are rules on how close to a river course can be cleared.

HeadsUp said:
Redmanti said:
Tathradj said:

no highbankers in all of that area or just the part where the forestry is ? 8.(

Highbankers are ok in Yambulla and NSW.

Highbankers are not permitted in Tasmania. Just pans and sluice.

Latest posts