$99.99 Detectors at Aldi

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin&Lee

Colin&Lee
Reaction score
Just a quick one Aldi have $99.99 detectors on sale on 04 January 2014. Not sure if they are any good,figure they would be a good bit of fun at the park on the coins etc.

More interesting is the 8pc cast iron cooking set which we don't have yet :D .

Cheers

C&L

I'd probably buy one for a bit of fun but we have no Aldi near adelaide :(

I'm going to grab one! We're in the bush often enough, its worth giving it a go. :) Aldi stuff is usually pretty decent quality, so I'm happy to spend $100 on one. :)

Hi, You have my attention with this detector.
I am using this detector for more then 5 years. In fact I just bought today the third one. I keep one in Europe. I was using it in there on the beach for coins and in the Sudeten mountains (coper rocks) for iron bits. It did good job in the field and much better at home. I use it for adventure with electronics.
The detector is very pleasant for experimenting.
1. PCB has single side layout - easy to reverse schematic.
2. Once You do schematic - easy for modifications.
- I have change circuit to be with one Li-Ion battery pack
- I have replaced connector with Minelab one
- I have changed wiring to take Sterling Coil
- I have added switch for reset as it drifted after 15 min.
- I have added switch to increase/reduce gain in the first opamp.
- I have added switch to change the TX frequency to play with different coils.
Note: To change the frequency You need to change the value of Resistor or Capacitor as Oscillator is as flipflop gate configuration and as it drive timing for rest of the logics, the uP is doing fine.
The uP runs of 455 kHz crystal and it takes only 3 analog DC inputs: battery voltage, signal strength voltage, and phase shift voltage.
Actually it will work on its on without uP (if You just watch the analog outputs with volt meters)
The coil is easy to open, I have rewinded and retuned the RX side.
The Tx coil is waiting for high voltage insulation as I have in progres High Voltage output buster.
Today I have bought Aldis one to checked if design inside did not change and to have reference towards mods.
I recommend this detector for people who like to do electronic projects.
It is not easy to get all the bits ready and working for experimenting for $99.99
Happy New Year

Welcome to PA my friend you will find a lot of members that will wish to get to know you.

what can I Say except .........Shoosh bugger......now that was a lesson in how much I need to learn.

cheers
TheSmithy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts