Wee Jasper Area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Considering going for a look and see if I can find some Sapphires out near Wee Jasper.

Can anyone advise whether the waypoint marker I dropped on my maps in the the general vicinity of where I should be looking?

Cheers.

1489992452_screenshot_20170320-174338.jpg

Thanks John, much appreciated.

Anyone know the blackberry situation? Seems like they had taken over by the sound of that thread.

It was pretty bad last time I was out there, could only access the creek in a couple of spots. As you drive in a bit past the old diggings there was a clearing on the left where people had been camping and a narrow track had been cut down to the creek from there. The other spot was where the track crosses the creek, both looked pretty well flogged.

Probably a bit boggy in there at the moment....

Let us know how you go. There's another spot not far from there that I just remembered Wal telling me about ages ago, keen to check that one out but might be another overgrown mess by now.

Hmmm ok.

Unbelievable how the few ruin it for everyone else!

May go check out Tumbarumba instead. Although it is double the distance from home.

Has anyone been on the south side in the State Forest? Thinking about heading out there tomorrow.

Can't say I have, but Doug Stones gold atlas shows a bit of alluvial along the creek south of the WJ road.

It's the first creek you cross before you get to the track that goes north into the old diggings, and looks to extend south along the creek down as far as where it crosses McPhersons Swamp Rd.

Edit - have a look at the map Muddy posted up there ^^

I didn't wind up going to Wee Jasper. It was a family outing and thought given the likely blackberry situation it probably wasn't suitable.

Went to Nelligen area in Currowan State Forest. Didn't find anything but it was a nice day out regardless.

Latest posts