Testing new Detech 18" & 16.5 mono closed design

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinky Pete

Detech Australia
Reaction score
Took both of these new coils out today in the Castlemaine area.

Both coils were run on a GPX 5000. I was able to run Fine gold timing with no problems at all.
These coils were easily balanced on this ground and ran in fixed.
With the odd rebalancing in heavily mineralized areas.

No difficulty with either of these coils directly on the ground, no noticeable false signals from bump and I tried pretty hard.

Only 1 piece of the good stuff today, 1 gram @ 160mm.

The remainder of the targets were lead shot and muscat balls the largest being 31.6 gram and the smallest .3 gram, in total 97 grams of lead, plenty of test targets for the future!

Hope to get both of these coils out to the local test bed tomorrow, with known targets at predetermined depths
Stay tuned for the results....

Regards Stinky

Cheers for that SP.

Looking forward to seeing the further results from the testbed. It's always interesting to see how new coils go.

Very nice to hear you bagged a good nugget though, even on a test. I'd call that a pass! :D

All the best!
Regards,
Shauno.

Hi SP, Which coil found the nugget? The 18 or 16.5
160mm is deeper than anyting i have found with the nf12x7.
Were you running in general or Deep?

Great start to test if you can find the gold.

Regards RR

I heard from a bloke not long ago that they were not bad. He reckoned the one he used though gave false signals when knocked on things as he swung it. Maybe he had a crooky though. Hey Rambling, the 12x7 isn't a real deep searcher though mate. The 12 round will go deeper. That ones deadly on the small shallow stuff. I took them both out one day to try against each other. I got a signal, soft, lift the coil about 1 1/2 inches and you wouldnt dig it. But still a signal. That was with the 12 round. Put on the 12x7 and the target wasn't there. It was a 3 grammer.

Hi Rambling, the nugget was found with the 18" coil, which was great,
I'll definitely be doing more with this coil.

Regards Stinky

Thanks for your responses guys, I have been working an area which I have only been finding subsurface pieces
Maybe 2-3 inches. I have been looking to get more depth to find the gold that I'm sure is there, looks like the only option is to go bigger on the coil side. I was starting to suspect something wrong with machine...

Cheers for now RR

Latest posts