Nugget Finder 17x13

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fresh from the mould :D Busy as this weekend but hopefully I can sneak in a couple of hours on Sunday to give her a run. Will report back on what I think.

1438327665_img_0469.jpg

OK there must be someone on the forum who as bought the new 17X13 Nugget finder coil if so Let us know how it is Doing don't keep it to yourself :D :D

Cheers ;) ;)

Will this new coil work on the "new"4500 gpx.

Might be an affordable backup machine for those of us who have on field problems with GPZ and SDC.

It'll work on the GPX4500 (even though it's "new" it's still the same 4500).
In fact I read a report somewhere that 4500 users would be just as happy with the new coils, NF & Coiltek, if not more so than 5000 users.
The "new" 4500 reportedly will come with the Minelab Commander mono 15x12 coil.

Come on Let us Know if it work or not Ive got our one but have to wait for the son to get home from his job so we can check it out So who's found GOLD ;) ;) ;) ;)

Just got back from a half day out with the 17x13.
Picked up two bits at 0.26g each (will post up pics later).

On the 4500 I was running enhance, gain 7, stab 6 and alternated between audio types. I was in highly mineralised ground and the ground noises were driving me crazy so I switched audio to quiet. Both finds were found in quiet, the first was at about 7 inches and was a really bright signal, one thing I noticed was there was no trail in or out, that made it stand out from the hot rocks and ground noise.

The second one was about 10m away, after scraping off the top soil it was only another inch into the good stuff. Again a nice bright signal first thought was that it was rubbish.

So compared to the elite which I only used for a day, I thought the two were pretty similar, I thought the elite maybe ground balanced a little better although the ground I was in today was a bit more mineralised than the ground I used the elite on.

The NF was a bit easier to swing being lighter but I don't use a bungee, if you do then I don't think the weight difference would realy mean too much.

The NF "felt" better to swing, I think because of the shape, feels like your covering more ground, at what depths your covering the same ground I'm not sure.. I did have a little trouble with the mould catching dirt but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, certainly nothing on my old NF 18" solid. The other thing I love about this coil is the smooth skid plate, it glides over everything without getting hung up.

The NF ran really quiet all day with no falsing at all.

So yes it finds gold, the only other targets I had were 1 bit of shot and a couple of small bits of iron oh and 1 tiny little clip thing that I thought was gold for sure.

I think anyone looking to buy would be happy, same goes for the elite, weigh up their minor differences or try and take both for a test run. Putting everything aside I think I would have gone with the NF anyway, purely based on the feel of the thing.

Like Timau I managed to get out today myself. Unfortunately the ground where I was detecting was just out of control!!! Nothing I could do would quieten the bloody machine down without loosing all my detecting power! Battled with it for about 4 hours before I throw it in the ute and pulled out the SDC. What I can say about the coil is I loved how light it was and its ability to get into tight spots. Will need to report on its gold finding ability another day.

Below is a pic of my finds with the SDC in the last two hours. In hindsight I should have pulled it out early and left the NF for another day.

1439114299_image.jpg

Hey guys. Also just posted this in the other thread start by Timau. Well done mate on you two finds.

Like Timau I managed to get out today myself. Unfortunately the ground where I was detecting was just out of control!!! Nothing I could do would quieten the bloody machine down without loosing all my detecting power! Battled with it for about 4 hours before I throw it in the ute and pulled out the SDC. What I can say about the coil is I loved how light it was and its ability to get into tight spots. Will need to report on its gold finding ability another day.

Below is a pic of my finds with the SDC in the last two hours. In hindsight I should have pulled it out early and left the NF for another day.

1439114654_image.jpg

Latest posts