Jack Lange Special Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out today and found some "stuff" and some coins .

Not sure of the date of the coin with the Roman figure on it , I think it says 1901 . How can I clean these ?

A bullet shell ,,, never seen anything like this and I am a shooter as well .

Any ideas on what the cube thing is ? Also found a pendant at the Church ,, need to clean it as well .

Found these as well , two are lead , one is copper . When I found the biggest one , it looked like and felt like a dirty Nugget , had my heart racing until I cleaned it and found out it was just lead :eek:

And some of the other stuff .

Lead cube looks like a lead seal; does it has holes in the sides where wire has rusted out and possibly an indication that the sides have been pressed?

Found a similar one near an old railway station the other day, cargo or a bottle of fine whiskey is my question.

So many relic finds being posted :) The cube looks cool, are the other sides just plain?

Nice collection of finds on the Jack Lange detector, seems to be doing the job just fine. With regards to cleaning the pennies, I usually just give them a light clean in warm soapy water to get most of the soil off, but not to the stage of removing the green patina coating. A soak in olive oil brings them up nicely whilst protecting the coin from further oxidation, just soak up any excess oil on the faces with a paper towel. :)

Latest posts