RazorBack coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see some of you use Razorback coils, I have a few questions and one being has anyone tried the 14" mono and did you notice any more depth etc, Compared to the Standard 12"

And some of you use the Long Reach Coils how do they perform compared to the standard 12" coil

And What can the 5x9 Folded Mono do that the 6x10 Long Reach cant apart from the LR being white in colour which reflects heat

And Which sizes are better than others;

Thanks,, John

Hi john on the SPP I used a 5x9 Raz that a friend lent me and nugget finder and commander coils I found that all were a improvement on the standard 12 coil they were more sensitive and gave a better target response regards john :)

old hand said:
Hi john on the SPP I used a 5x9 Raz that a friend lent me and nugget finder and commander coils I found that all were a improve meant on the standard 12 coil they were more sensitive and gave a better target response regards john :)

Terrific John, Thanks, so according to their web site the 5x9 is the folded Mono so that's one for the list,

Both of my coils are the DF coils which is 2 in 1,

thanks mate,, john

Yeah iv tried the 14" round by memory it goes about 2" more depth on a $2 coin and about the same on small gold sensitivity. Iv got the 12x16 MJD and it tests on par with the 14" round.
The folded 5x9 folded is by far the most sensitive coil iv used yet on the TDI, the coiltek 6" will go a little deeper on say .1gram but the coiltek won't pick up what the 5x9 folded will.

Miner John has also released a few coils for minelab PI there ment to be very quiet and smooth on the earlier mine labs.... Might be worth contacting Brian Batesman (Bairnsdale) if you just got a old minelab' I know he has a few'

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Yeah iv tried the 14" round by memory it goes about 2" more depth on a $2 coin and about the same on small gold sensitivity. Iv got the 12x16 MJD and it tests on par with the 14" round.
The folded 5x9 folded is by far the most sensitive coil iv used yet on the TDI, the coiltek 6" will go a little deeper on say .1gram but the coiltek won't pick up what the 5x9 folded will.

Miner John has also released a few coils for minelab PI there ment to be very quiet and smooth on the earlier mine labs.... Might be worth contacting Brian Batesman (Bairnsdale) if you just got a old minelab' I know he has a few'

Thanks Mate, that's good to know, I want to get 3 or 4 of them for the TDI because mine are all DF's 12" and the 7.5. the 7.5 has a solid cover but the 12" catches on stubble and twigs ect,
I can't get the TDI Pro because they wont import it for me but I can get the Factory OZ coils, So I am going to use this one more for deep search some special sites I have been researching so I need them RB Coils because I think I have found a Roman Villa, Because I found some Roman floor tiles and pieces of pots and few Coins from about 150-250AD,

Thanks again Mate,,,,John

Latest posts