XP Deus test days. Get your chance to test an XP Deus in Newcastle.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, Ramjet did dig all the finds. I did an hour of detecting this morning, and was stuffed. I got really sick over xmas/newyears, 5 days in bed, lost conscious, woke to my wife punching me in the chest. Its left me weak as, gunna take awhile to get back my fitness. But it was awesome swinging the deus, and having a dig slave do the work :) I highly recommend RJs, dig slave service......he got the finds, and I wouldnt have it anyother way :)

Had the pleasure of meeting Justin to day

Just across the road from work
Just to hold this machine was something else you really got to try it
I couldn't put it down

Had a good chat to him about detecting and the general market in Australia

GUYS IN THE LOCAL AREA YOU REALLY NEED TO GET DOWN THERE AND SEE JUSTIN
And what he is trying to create for the XP market in Australia

I had a look at one during the quick stint over the GT, one of the guys there had one, I know what you guys mean about light, and extremely portable. I didn't really get a dig just a few air tests over some pocket change for some mental comparisons late in the evening.
I'd have to really go for a proper swing to say whether I was in or out, the owners assured me they thought it was good value. Tone hunting is slightly foreign to me, and I would have to have a real test, a proper canslaw and deep (preferably masked) target test in a few varying conditions to give any feedback.
At the very least you could have an all day hunt the difference in weight is a big step in the right direction for the future of machines I thought, after moving an Sdc all day the difference was massive.

Hi Folks,
Took a run over to Carrington this morning and met Justin and had a look and a play with his detectors, nice equipment. While I'm not into treasure/relic hunting at this stage it could be an interesting form of detecting that one could become involved in down the track aways.
Also met Ramjet and Sandta and saw the old watch they had found earlier, an interesting find and from what I saw, the XP's seem to work quite well.
Cheers, SinHof.

It is great to see that you guys are as hard on each other in person as you are here on the forum.

What a great little detectorist community in The Newcastle/Maitland area.
I like how you guys have genuine respect for each other and the Hobby in general.

It was fantastic to speak to a group of people as excited about digging crap out of the ground as I am.
In my home town there are a few detectorists I imagine But I really only know of one other guy.

If anyone needs a demo on Sunday drop me a message,
the last planned day is Monday 10am -2pm.

I am off to apply a certain slimy plant to my face to try and heal some of the sunburn my extended Forehead
has suffered in the NSW sun. Just because it ain't hot........... God it hurts.

Can't thank you guys enough for the support, if no one showed up I probably would have cried a little. No a lot in truth.
Nervous doesn't even begin to describe the feeling I had at 9.50am on Friday, seeing you guys pull up made my Year.

THANKYOU if I haven't said it yet.

Clegy

SinHof Mate I cannot compete in the goldfields with what your swinging now except for weight. Those pics are Incredible.
Deus will find gold, but like that..... Not just yet.

Hi Ramjet,
It was good to be able to put some names to faces, and yes gold detecting can be very infectious, regardless of your target interests, detecting is a fantastic and potentially rewarding hobby for those who are prepared/able to put in the time.
Cheers, SinHof.

Met up with Ramjet this morning and met justin and the deus xp
Was a great experience to try this new detector out , was pretty excited to see RJ when i turned up as i was expecting him to dig all my targets as he did for Rocket yesterday :lol: unfortunately there were no silver pocket watches to be found 8.(
Thank you very much Justin for the oportunity to test swing the little beauty
Certainly an amazing little package
1452334825_image.jpg

Latest posts