x-terra 705

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all, buying the above detector with gold coil. how does this unit perform. im just a beginner and not too serious.

If your getting it for a good price it'll do the trick, I still have the ex-terra 70 & won't part with it they were pretty good in their day, as long as you understand what frequencies of the coils to use for what goodies your searching for you'll be good, if it hasn't got the manual I think minelab still has downloads for it & download this as well Understanding your X-TERRA by Randy Horton this is a gem!

Don't believe what they are saying.
It's a coin /relic machine.
Isless on gold.
Get a sdc2300 .

Mod edit: No personal contact details on the forum please.
Use Conversations (PM) system.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your getting it for a good price it'll do the trick, I still have the ex-terra 70 & won't part with it they were pretty good in their day, as long as you understand what frequencies of the coils to use for what goodies your searching for you'll be good, if it hasn't got the manual I think minelab still has downloads for it & download this as well Understanding your X-TERRA by Randy Horton this is a gem!
thanks for getting back mate. good group here.

Have one still gets occasional use. Got extra coils good price like from cashie's. Good for relics and a start in other detecting areas. If you like what you are doing can upgrade later for more gold specific if that's what you are after. I like how it runs on AA cells so only need to pop these in when using it; Not have to be concerned about the state of lithium cell issues.

Latest posts