X terra 705

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Started my prospecting with a 305 then early this year upgraded to the 705 since then got rid of coils & replaced them with a Coiltech 15in 7.5ghz for use in water & a 10.5in 18.75ghz coil This being the best coil for this machine i have used.Total this year $605 found in parks n playgrounds( total so far 135 playgrounds from Westlakes to Morphett Vale) done well in some n nothing in others Probably because they had been done.One park in particular i called it christmas pudding 16-5c pieces But one thing is for sure work very slowly.Also think outside the square.1park i have been doing at Marion originally worked it quickly n found a few coins Since then have been going back n working it a bit at a time slowly n it has paid off
1469594111_69.00.jpg

Hi fr, I like you started with 305 and now want to upgrade to 705. I have nailed it down to 705 or nokta relic, so any advice is appreiated. The main reason I'm leaning to 705 is that I have learnt on 305 so upgrade to 705 would be a lot easier, so any pros and cons is appreciatated cheers H.

That swimming pool park was a pretty good spot, I've only been there a couple of times and always came home with a decent number of coins. ;)

1469671958_img_0861-1_2.jpg
flyrodder said:
Started my prospecting with a 305 then early this year upgraded to the 705 since then got rid of coils & replaced them with a Coiltech 15in 7.5ghz for use in water & a 10.5in 18.75ghz coil This being the best coil for this machine i have used.Total this year $605 found in parks n playgrounds( total so far 135 playgrounds from Westlakes to Morphett Vale) done well in some n nothing in others Probably because they had been done.One park in particular i called it christmas pudding 16-5c pieces But one thing is for sure work very slowly.Also think outside the square.1park i have been doing at Marion originally worked it quickly n found a few coins Since then have been going back n working it a bit at a time slowly n it has paid offhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8004/1469594111_69.00.jpg
A few weeks ago i was up in the adelaide hills working an oval not finding a lot then had a reading thinking it was maybe a 50c piece so i dug it at 3inches when i looked at it i nearly threw it away but because of its shape decided to keep it. Last nite i was cleaning some crap i have found n once again nearly threw it away but decided to clean this dirty piece of metal anyway.Lo n behold it came up gold colour.This morn i went to a gold buyer near me n had it checked out (cost me $10) Wasnt even thinking gold when i dug it n Yes its gold 7.18 gams Im still in shock So pays to keep any crap your not sure of till its cleaned

Goldpick said:
That swimming pool park was a pretty good spot, I've only been there a couple of times and always came home with a decent number of coins. ;)
guess you know that park.My total from that park $70.50 Plus a small silver broach n 2 silver rings.It has taken me 5 weeks to completely cover that park inch at a time so i now know every blade of grass,bottle top n ring pull there lol

havenacrack said:
Hi fr, I like you started with 305 and now want to upgrade to 705. I have nailed it down to 705 or nokta relic, so any advice is appreiated. The main reason I'm leaning to 705 is that I have learnt on 305 so upgrade to 705 would be a lot easier, so any pros and cons is appreciatated cheers H.
Yes going to a minelab 10.5 in 18.75 ghz coil makes a big difference only its not waterproof but i havnt looked back after buying it certainly worth the money

flyrodder said:
havenacrack said:
Yes going to a minelab 10.5 in 18.75 ghz coil makes a big difference only its not waterproof but i havnt looked back after buying it certainly worth the money
i havnt found any cons with the 705 more pros just love the machine

Latest posts