worst designed bullbar for a Landrover Discovery 3!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clam down people.
It is not rocket science.
In Outback Qld people drive vast distances daily on very flat roads.
Dawn or Dusk invites many critters.
You need to protect your car and loved ones.

1395224010_landy.jpeg

I'm more worried that it defeats the purpose if having air bags and crumple zones in a modern vehicle with that type of bullbar. Hit a cow and it's going to make a mess of the discovery, regardless of bullbar design, even worse if your airbags don't deploy because of a backyard bullbar, with a non-compliant design.

That bullbar will bend the chassis if it gets a big hit instead of absorbing the shock like some others do..... :eek:

Wally69 said:
Might stop those Palmer River scrub bulls and Qantas emblems from making your vehicle a complete write-off.

Those FNQ folk need some serious protection, and as for legal, I don't think the thought really features in their priority list. ;)

Jingy Dingies you're a wally Wally .. Thanks for the chuckle mate! .. 'Our' Palmer River scrub bulls are kept in check by the 'The Rule of 303' .. The Qantas emblems, or skips, are an excellent source of protein for both man and dog and particularly good tucker when slightly pre-tenderised .. Protection, well, generally in accordance with the aforementioned rule! .. As for legal, um, hmm .. I reckon the best way to sum that one up would be .... Everything goes as long as it's done sensibly, causes no intentional harm to people, property, the environment, and, of course, .. doesn't involve poaching on other folks leases or patches. .. A strict ethical and moral code conducted in the true spirit of 'Benign Lawlessness'!

As for the offending scape metal enshrouding the offending the pale silver-blue disco .. WTF .. Looks like the friggin' cow catcher that used hang off the front of the loco in pre Sunlander steam days, ay? .. Coupla' dozen three O holes down the side'd make her look real purdy!

Latest posts