woodspoint kevington or hoqua valley

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil

phil
Reaction score
gday fellas just wondering what its like detecting there i know there was lots of reefs and the country is not all that forgiving but hell it looks the goods pipeclay and just the generall country looks the part any info appreciated thanks

Mountain goat country not very good for detecting unless the CFA have done a burn through there. Some great areas well worth the time and effort if you don't mind a challenge. Also a lot of old relics in the bush up that way.
Good luck
cheers db

Far too dense for most. Swordgrass, ferns, vines, leaf matter 2 foot deep at minimum... it would be hell if you want my honest oppinion of detecting anywhere near here

Your best chances though would be closer to granites as the boulders keep the litter down. I've always wondered what a detector would pick up in areas like these..

thanks guys if you could find a clearing or some burnt ground i think it would nearly have to produce saying that though it would have to be in the right area or im just full of wishfull thinking thanks

Actually good point mate, burns offs around here started a couple of months ago and I'm sure those areas were on the list. If you can look up dse burning dates online you might have some luck

thanks atomrat it looks about the only decent chance if there done in the right spots a bloke might be lucky thanks

thanks mate its a awsome bit of country was there last weekend at howqua valley resort fishing but not much done on my part but it looks great have highbankers as well thanks

Latest posts