Windows 7 help please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlS

Karl
Reaction score
Against my better judgment I have bought a Windows 7 because I want to try Fallout 4. I had almost every Microsoft opereting system starting with DOS 3.2 up to XP . Never had much problem with installation until now. When I started installation it told me it can not install on C: drive and gave me option to format. OKAY I did format drive but still no joy. I had to format D: and E: drives before it agree to install. After that it asked for product key number and installed without any problems.
Then It was unusable for best part of day as it downloaded about 170 updates and when it finally finished it become painfully slow. I have installed 8 GB extra memory and it was running reasonably.
But now it is asking me to register it. When I type the product key it comes with error 0xC004C008 . Reading MS help it looks like I will have to wipe Win7 out, format disks, reinstall XP and do whole bloody thing all over again.
Any help appreciated.
System :
i3 3.3 GHz CPU
12MB RAM
320 and 500 GB hard drives
Nvidia GTX 630 video I got GTX 950 on order.
Karl

Down load and run CCleaner with all the box's ticked except for the last one.
Make sure you know all your passwords as you will lose them.
Then run the registry cleaner.
This small laptop I am using has win7 on it and it is no problem.
The 170 hot fix's are a pain I know.
Also make sure you update your video driver.

recommended fallout 4 pc requirement

* Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
* Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent.
* 8 GB RAM.
* 30 GB free HDD space.
* NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent.

minimum computer specs need to run Fo4

CPU: Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent
Free Disk Space: 30 GB

i3 is not up to spec

Gday KarlS,
Mate before I would go through that again just check to see that it is activated
To do this

1, Left click on Start

2. Right click on Computer

3. Left click on Properties

4. Check under windows activation. It will say whether or not Windows is activated and if not how many days you have left to activate it.

If it says that it is activated then you are fine.

Windows dosn't need to be registered just activated to work

Have a look at these links below for further information

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/windows-7-activation-error-0xc004c008n

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/activating-windows-faq#1TC=windows-7

Note the 2nd point here.. Is Activation the same as registration

Also , if you formatted the drives prior to installing Windows 7 then there is no need to reinstall XP id you do have to reinstall the lot again.

Another point, just remember that there in only a certain number of times that you can use the activation Key before it is blocked. This is done to stop the OP system being installed on multiple computers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Bob

The 0xC004C008 error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.

There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files. This corrupted system file will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

Download (0xC004C008) repair utility. ;)

If you receive error "0xC004C008" when trying to use Windows 7 online activation, it could be for one of the following reasons:

Your computer's hardware has been changed.

Windows 7 was reinstalled on the same computer.

Your Windows 7 product key was transferred from another computer.

The Windows 7 product key that you're trying to use has already been used on the maximum number of computers that your license allows.

If you changed your hardware, reinstalled Windows 7, or transferred your product key, you'll need to activate Windows 7 using the automated telephone system.

************************************************************************************************************************

To activate using the telephone

Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now.

Click Show me other ways to activate.

Type your Windows 7 product key, and then click Next.

Click Use the automated phone system and then click Next. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click the location nearest to you from the drop-down list, and then click Next.

Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.

When prompted, enter the installation ID that's listed on your screen into your phone's keypad.

Write down the confirmation ID that the phone system gives you.

Under Step 3, type the confirmation ID into the spaces provided, click Next, and then follow the instructions.

If activation isn't successful, stay on the line to be transferred to a product activation agent who can assist you.

stalker said:
recommended fallout 4 pc requirement

* Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
* Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent.
* 8 GB RAM.
* 30 GB free HDD space.
* NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent.

minimum computer specs need to run Fo4

CPU: Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent
Free Disk Space: 30 GB

i3 is not up to spec

Probably not a 64-bit system either

64-bit OS is a must have these days . win 7 like 10 gives you a option of 32 or 64 when doing a hd format . it has to be a clean hd format .

Activation successful after cleaning registry.
Fallout 4 runs ok on i3, I just need better video card. I had ordered MSI GTX 950 . That should do.
Karl

Seriously?? It worked after a reg clean? Ridiculous. I'm glad I threw out my pcs b4 windows 7 came out. All that online activation and 'updates'..what a waste imo. I used to install windows xp onto my machine in under 20 mins and that was it. Done. The last directx when I played games was directx10..wonder what ver its up to now.

They are doing it on purpose and removing the 'personal' from PC..windows 7 is not openly free as xp to me. I never had xp problems.

You would think after a format that the details wouldn't be in the registry..I don't get it..glad u fixed it karls

I have dealt with this before.
Registry can corrupt on installs.
There is also a service that runs in the back ground that can fail to start if the registry settings are
SNAFU.
I am a Service Engineer in IT. :D :D

More than enough. LOL
All it has to do is supply enough juice to hit the power on button.
Then it should settle back to about 125 watts depending on the monitor you are using.
IE;, The refresh rate that is being used by your graphics card etc.
Win7 is brilliant in this regard.
Win10 sucks big time.
Please, Use an Envidia Card, No problemo's with drivers. :) :) :)

MSI are Nvidia cards so no problemo. :D :D :D :cool:
Just trying to get around this Origin Crap for Call of Duty.
Then the fun starts. LOL

Latest posts