Who plays Golf

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any golfers out there.

Next time I go prospecting i am going to fit the clubs in and have a few hours off from detecting and get a game in.
I play at Gosford usually.

When I head off on my trip in 11 days time the golf clubs will be stored somewhere in the Patrol or under the bed of the camper. I hope to play on many different courses on the trip around OZ.

You cant walk around the bush all the time detecting without a break . What better than spending your time chasing a little white ball instead... Still getting the exercise without all the time bending over and digging. :lol:

Thought about it ,.... but, realised I'd rather swing than play golf ! :lol:

Balmain Bob said:
I noticed over the week end that Wattle Flat has a golf coarse. Looks like a 9 hole coarse at the back of the showground on google earth.

There's one here as well ;)

"Mookerawa Waters, a little piece of heaven on earth! Hi my name is Richard Vernon and I am your park manager and along with my friendly staff would love you to come, stay and enjoy all we have to offer here. Visit just for the day, camp or stay in one of our fully equipped 3 bedroom cabins. We have the most fantastic views and relaxing surrounds. You can cool off in our wonderful sparkling clean swimming pools, play a round of golf on our 9 hole golf course or relax and throw a rod in to catch a cod or yellow belly to cook on our free BBQ's. Launch your boat off one of our boat ramps to go water skiing. Go metal detecting for gold, which is still found here today or gold panning in the creek. I know you'll love it here as much as my staff and I do." - See more at:

https://www.inlandwaters.com.au/park/info/mookerawa-waters#sthash.RPdKf1ZQ.dpuf

Its not a bad spot to spend a day or 5.

Cheers,

Billy.

NeilM said:
Any golfers out there.

Next time I go prospecting i am going to fit the clubs in and have a few hours off from detecting and get a game in.
I play at Gosford usually.
Yeah I play Neil, was a member at Kooindah Waters I didn't re-join in March with my boys footy and wanting to get out digging, I think I'll spend my money on trips away :D I do play every now and then though.. :Y:

Sometimes when I dig up more than my share of fuggets it can appear as though I'm playing golf. Seriously though I do like a game of golf though I'm terrible at it. The good news is there's a lot of skill carryover from prospecting for bad golfers. Expert divot filler.

Balmain Bob said:
I noticed over the week end that Wattle Flat has a golf coarse. Looks like a 9 hole coarse at the back of the showground on google earth.

hey Bob, good spotting mate.
I checked it out and it is inside the racetrack.
Also says camping and toilet facilities.
Might have to check that out instead of camping in the car there.

neil

Billy said:
There's one here as well ;)

"Mookerawa Waters, a little piece of heaven on earth! Hi my name is Richard Vernon and I am your park manager and along with my friendly staff would love you to come, stay and enjoy all we have to offer here. Visit just for the day, camp or stay in one of our fully equipped 3 bedroom cabins. We have the most fantastic views and relaxing surrounds. You can cool off in our wonderful sparkling clean swimming pools, play a round of golf on our 9 hole golf course or relax and throw a rod in to catch a cod or yellow belly to cook on our free BBQ's. Launch your boat off one of our boat ramps to go water skiing. Go metal detecting for gold, which is still found here today or gold panning in the creek. I know you'll love it here as much as my staff and I do." - See more at:

https://www.inlandwaters.com.au/park/info/mookerawa-waters#sthash.RPdKf1ZQ.dpuf

Its not a bad spot to spend a day or 5.

Cheers,

Billy.

Hey Billy
That sounds pretty good.
I haven't been past Hill End so may go there next trip.
Have a game and a swing / pan

thanks
neil

Sluicingoose said:
Yeah I play Neil, was a member at Kooindah Waters I didn't re-join in March with my boys footy and wanting to get out digging, I think I'll spend my money on trips away :D I do play every now and then though.. :Y:

Hi SG
Love Kooindah

a little harder than Gosford, I have quite a few mates there as well.
If I am not at Golf - i am prospecting and vice versa

neil

nuggetino said:
Sometimes when I dig up more than my share of fuggets it can appear as though I'm playing golf. Seriously though I do like a game of golf though I'm terrible at it. The good news is there's a lot of skill carryover from prospecting for bad golfers. Expert divot filler.

hey Nuggetino.
I fill my share of divots every time too.
another thing almost the same is I would love to get a hole in one at golf and two in the hole prospecting..

had lessons as a kid, can still hit a ball at the range, but actually playing doesnt interest me much.

I am a member of Port Macquarie golf club, it's a good track and well worth the walk around if you are up this way.

Magilla said:
I am a member of Port Macquarie golf club, it's a good track and well worth the walk around if you are up this way.
Hey Magilla

That sounds good to me.
Any prospecting nearby?
Neil

NeilM said:
Magilla said:
Hey Magilla

That sounds good to me.
Any prospecting nearby?
Neil

Not that I know of Neil. Nundle is about three hours away and I was told by a geologist that there is also gold on the mountains between Port and Walcha but nothing specific.

Morrina golf club in NE Tasmania is 5 minutes within diggn in the Weld and a few other creeks with treasure in them.Ten bucks for a game of golf on a course you will probably have to yourself and then digging 5 minutes later.Five minutes from there and your in a dam catching huge trout and salmon.Life is just too easy if all your hobbies are within five minutes from each other.Best part is that if your a traveller you can park your van in the same area for free.No crowds and no drama's.What a great place to be alive.If your lookin at a trip soon id bring my drysuit because the creeks are so cold the leeches left.

Latest posts