Whites TRX now certified as IP68 waterproof

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Don't know how this slipped through the net, but Whites have received an IP68 rating for their TRX pinpointer, whereas previously it was rated at only weatherproof.

The TRX originally had a thicker membrane on the speaker port, but was swapped out for a thinner membrane to improve the sound output. Until recently the thinner membrane had not gone through IP rating testing (hence the "weatherproof tag), but has now been confirmed to have waterproofing to 10 feet, the same as the Garret AT Propointer. This applies to all TRX units, old and new.

Guess I'll be washing my TRX off under a tap from now on. :)

1435053136_trx.jpg

1435053278_attachment.jpeg

Now that I actually know the TRX is waterproof, I've opted to fit a new case and keep the old as a spare. This is mainly due to trying to probe mud out of the speaker port in the past, which is a bit of a no no with regards to the integrity of its waterproofing. Very simple to remove the innards, with only one screw to remove for the pcb board to slide out from its locating rails.

From now on foreign material will be getting washed out, albeit not under high pressure. You could put tape over the speaker port, but I find it compromises the speaker volume too much for my liking. :)

1435215636_img_20150625_161201.jpg

Latest posts