What Vic National Parks Ass (VNPA) think of us

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
limpalot said:
.. now, if we had all outdoors enthusiasts on board in a National Rally, I recon that would amount to at least 2million voices and that would be better than a few thousand voices....

The 2 (3?) rallies held so far in Victoria are for ALL bush users Prospectors/shooters/trail riders/horseriders etc etc. They all have a stake in maintaining access.

Cheers T.

That's right Teemore, this will impact on everyone and all partys that go bush ,they need to stand up and be heard. All the businesses that will loose income from these people not doing there hobby need to stand up and lobby their MP, Quantify how much income they will loose. The Govt will loose GST off the sales to these retired citizens. Camping and fishing will be next, they tried stoping live bait for fishing a few years ago.

So true, I know how they 'operate'.... Pick off the small groups like Fossickers and Prospectors, then ramp up their campaign and attack ALL bush users.... Eventually there will be no voices to be heard... And then they have what they want.... This needs a joint 'operation' to make our voices heard... Both States will be watching each other to see how things go... This is only the Tip of the Iceberg..... As someone famous said 'Mark My Words'....

LW...

Have these people even seen the damage that large scale plantation logging does to the environment, but this industry is encouraged as its profitable for the government. Soil pathogens blah blah blah....have a look at all the machinery dragged from one forest to the other taking weeds and "pathogens" with them. These clowns have got no leg to stand on

I don't do facebook...but I can see that Victoria is Organised and that is the direction that NSW should take.... :Y: :Y:

But I feel, and this is MY opinion on this, that We just can't leave this to an Organisation that refuses to keep their Members informed on what is going on... That is WHY I haven't joined NAPFA.... One quick way to bring members off-side... On topics like this there should be NO Secrets and Everyone (Member or not)should know what they are planning...

I feel that NAPFA is being 'played' in a big way...

Any comments from NAPFA committee on this???

LW....

My point is Ray, Is NAPFA on board with the Bush users group in NSW like PMAV is in VIC ?...
As you know I may live in QLD but my fossicking is done in NSW... So this is very close to my Heart and im very passionate about 'Protecting' My Fossicking In All States....
Did you know that there is a new Draft on the NSW Fossicking act that I have been told that Us Fossickers/Prospectors are NOT going to like.... And NAPFA has been asked for 'Comment' on this Document with-out Members input?.... Another secret Document that is kept from People that just might have some better ideas than NAPFA on the future of our Hobby?

So, Should We just rely on a Committee of 6 or 8 people with the Future of Fossicking/Prospecting in NSW or should We show the Boffins in power that they are dealing with 100,000+ bush users in NSW Collectively?...

LW....

The Bush Users Group was founded in Victoria via Facebook as a National Group. It's a great idea but at the moment is only a Facebook Group - it in itself isn't a registered or recognised organisation/lobby group. If they want to be taken seriously they need to become formal with formal membership not token membership on Facebook. Many of us don't even have Facebook accounts. It's very easy to gain thousands in support on the Facebook site but as seen by only a couple of hundred real people, out of these thousands, in attendance at the Rallys so far it's much harder to gather & motivate REAL support. Even the petition/s only raised around 3000 signatures so not even all members of the Bush Users Group bothered signing that!

From what I can gather NAPFA are supporting this group & have made 2 submissions of their own in support of this Victorian cause. They are both on the NAPFA website for all to see. Pretty sure NAPFA has had representation at a Rally or have committed to having representation at a future one - maybe Tath can clarify this? NAPFA has always been supportive & assisted with any causes raised by PMAV so I doubt there would be any issue with NAPFA getting behind a National Bush Users Group? Again possibly Tath may be able to clarify.

NAPFA have been given a draft copy of a new NSW Fossicking Guidelines document (there is no fossicking Act). They have been told that it is confidential at this stage & not for public release as yet. This isn't NAPFA's call! That is NSW Resources call! No doubt there would be "penalties" if NAPFA release details of the draft before its put up for public submission.
I agree though it is time for NAPFA to give us full details on the highbanking saga. It's been long enough now.

NAPFA have also had speeches made in parliament on our behalf by the Hon. Robert Brown https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=811
Back in 2012. We need to get him behind us again! We need to get behind them!

NAPFA AGM is November I believe for those that think they can do a better job. ;)

The point wasn't that it was that long ago but that it has been done here in NSW too (speech in parliament). He has since made many speeches in parliament directly or indirectly related to our issues with fossicking in NSW I.e. on Crown Land, National Parks etc. Recreational access as a whole.
The highbanking issue is something that he should be made aware of & the underhanded way in which NSW Resources/Regulator have handled it.

first , I would like to thank "thedigger" for the youtube link on the current plight of the farmers and the drought and to the variety of views on land management . The current kangaroo problem is far from I suppose, the original purpose of this thread, but it does demonstrate the lack of understanding the real issues on land management . I have seen the roo's in plague proportions and the cause is the farmer, improved pastureland more waterholes, and the ability of the roo to hold off reproducing until the time is right, But the crap about culling and shoving a tag in the dead roo's mouth and letting the carcas , absolute idiocy, I was not aware of the ban on turning the roo skin into leather, thus depriving the farmer from another source of income in these hard time , ok who has or had a pair of the best boots in the world " RM Williams" made from pigskin, no , was it cow hide nahhh ,,,, they were made from roo skin , so common sense would say cull the roo's income for former to buy food for cattle. price of roo meat in woolies/coles $12 kilo and that's not the dog food its up there with lamb cant afford it, lol.

personally Me thinks mother nature does more harm to the environment than we hobby prospectors do , the banning of high banking, now restricting access to fossicking with one hand and promoting it with the other , dealing with government beauracracy is a long painful process complicated by change in the captains but not the crew. All this behind the scenes drafting without letting the stakeholders know until its too late it appears that the Napfa Committee have their hands tied whilst trying to work thru the issues, hey the AGM is almost upon us once again, a change in the guard might be a backward step, but, getting a few more crew members on board might be a step in the right direction,, to help with the workload, perhaps its time to get political , I just had an issue and looked at the so called legislated protection and found all the glass doors so have become "political", what other choice did I have ..... none. I was surprised at the ignorance the local member had on my issues, which has broad community implications, perhaps that is the sign of the times and thats my thought for tonight