What thing's are you good at?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my last erection with a lot of help from the wife........and at my age I needed a lot of help.......................

1593122457_dscf1272.jpg

She is up the ........................................ scaffold!!!!!!!

1593122484_dscf1277.jpg

Graham

I'm good at collecting rocks and spending more on processing them than I ever make from the gold I get out of them. :( Im also good at guiding my brother onto a good deer stalking spot while I always seem to head up the wrong gully or look the wrong way at the right time :awful: . Im also good at helping with the butchering and carry out. :power: My brother however is really good at making Corned Venison. {)

jethro said:
I'm good at collecting rocks and spending more on processing them than I ever make from the gold I get out of them. :( Im also good at guiding my brother onto a good deer stalking spot while I always seem to head up the wrong gully or look the wrong way at the right time :awful: . Im also good at helping with the butchering and carry out. :power: My brother however is really good at making Corned Venison. {)

Corned Venison now you've got my interest :) get ya brother to document his process and share it with us please :beer:

2lateagain said:
This is my last erection with a lot of help from the wife........and at my age I needed a lot of help.......................

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/14190/1593122457_dscf1272.jpg

She is up the ........................................ scaffold!!!!!!!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/14190/1593122484_dscf1277.jpg

Graham

nice shed , good to see decent eaves for a change , must be 4.5 metre high and 16 x 12 metres ?

You could fit some decent pallet racking in there :p

yum... :p storage :p :p

are you going to put fireproof sheeting on the side facing the bush ?

Firecrunch is one product but there are several others that would also take direct radiant heat to 1200 celcius for hours.

https://firecrunch.com.au/new-k-wall-groove-board-cladding/

Driving . I actually stop before the line at a stop sign ,count to 3 and carefully proceed when safe. I read the road really well and read it well ahead of where i am on the road and avoid many accidents . I don`t drive like a d1ck head and stick to the speed limits. They are there for a reason . Using the horn doesn`t give you the right of way and is no excuse for not being tolerant and courteous of other road users. I watch those dashcam videos and too many people will cause an accident rather than trying to avoid one. As for pedestrians, we have a big problem in Ballarat with seemingly everyone crossing on a red walk sign ,which is bloody dangerous and illegal. That`s my rant !!!!!! That`s what i am good at ... Driving.

CS, the shed is 3.6 high and 12 X 9 meters, the camera angle made it look a lot bigger. It was built to fit in a 1978 15 foot Millard Caravan that was fully rebuilt from the ground up, so not a lot of room for racking with all the other stuff in there, log splitter, cement mixer and all sorts of 'essential' stuff, have good lot of shelves across back and a 2 post hoist in another bay, son has a mini in the other bay that he is doing up (sometimes).

At present we are working on moving the bush further back, it used to be about 20 meters further back about 20 years ago, the shed was only built in the last 5 years and the bush had sneaked in on us, so there is some work to do over the coming months. Have been looking at putting a heat shield about 1.5 meters back from the rear wall on a bank on the ground to give us some protection in case of fire, so much to do :Y: :Y: :Y:

Graham

RM Outback said:
jethro said:

Corned Venison now you've got my interest :) get ya brother to document his process and share it with us please :beer:

Hey RM, here is the process as far as I know of it.
Step 1 Shoot deer, (must be 20minutes before dark) step 2, Radio older brother to report success,, again,,, and direct BB to bring the Ute to within staggering distance. Step 3, Commence butchering (must be done in the middle of a blackberry patch so that the meat will be garished well with bush herbs.) step 4, Carry out meat by torch light to Ute. (Minimum 2 trips with detours to enjoy the serenity of the bush after dark.) Step 5 Phone wife and advise of success (and lateness for tea). Step 6, drive out of forest using alternate route. (just for added difficulty). Step 7 toast success liberally whilst hanging meat on clothes line overnight to set., Step 8, Sleep in, then afer a hurried breakfast divide meat into cuts for Big brother to keep and Take home for further processing and addition of corning solution. And vac packing. :eek: ;)

Latest posts