What I have been up to of late :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean to tell me that you did not see the original post's. ?
what you talking about Boss. ?
Have to ede-u-ma-kate you a bit better Bloke.
I told you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jamie said:
How did I miss this, a great mates mug shot in the local paper I would have put this up in the pool room... lol
Seriously tho great to see Doug, well done

Thanks Bob,
I have thanked the paper for a totally unbiased report.
As you can read, Eurobodalla Shire has come on board as well
and that was achieved by Myself and Bazza2210 making a trip
to Moruya to give a presentation.
That Shire is the one that includes Mogo so in effect NAPFA has
now had the whole South Eastern block of NSW declared.
A lot of hard, Dedicated work has gone into it so we can enjoy
our Hobby.
All we are waiting for now is the official announcements to appear
in the NSW Government Gazettes.
More coming. :Y: :Y:

Well Done Doug and all involved.
It feels pretty good to be part of a community that has the same goals and very little bs.

Neil

Good work folks .

Quick question if I may.

If crown land is declared a fossicking district as above does it become like a state forest where only detectors and pans can be used ?

Or can sluices / high bankers be used too ?

(Assuming the high banker pump is pedal powered or that the pump types are permitted)

Hi Headsup,
You may fossick on Crown land that is subject to an Exploration Lease that is
subject as such without obtaining permission from the Lease Holder.
If the Crown Land has a lease like a Grazing lease or such as well, You must obtain the
permission from the Lease Holder.
Also, If you are invited onto private property to Fossick and an Exploration lease covers
that land, You only need the permission of the Land Owner/Holder.
Naturally, You need a permit to fossick in a Sate Forrest.
$27.50 will cover a family of 4.
National Parks or SCA's unless notified otherwise are naturally again, Off Limits to any
form of Fossicking.
As for Pumps,
Since 2010 the Mining Act NSW included the words "Mechanical Processing. "
This has been construed and screwed around to include water pumps.
It is a "Grey" area.
We have not heard of any one being prosecuted as yet but if confronted, Please just, Tidy up, pack
up and leave if you are given the chance. Just ensure you are not making a mess or Muddying
up a water way and back fill your holes as you go.
NAPFA is currently working very hard to have the wording changed and we hope to have an
answer soon.

HeadsUp said:
Good work folks .

Quick question if I may.

If crown land is declared a fossicking district as above does it become like a state forest where only detectors and pans can be used ?

Or can sluices / high bankers be used too ?

(Assuming the high banker pump is pedal powered or that the pump types are permitted)
On unmanaged Crown Land you can use any legal method/equipment under the NSW legislation. ;) On managed or leased Crown Land you need land manager/leaseholder permission & there may be restrictions on equipment/methods imposed by the land manager or leaseholder if they choose. Most seem to be ok with most gear where I've been but there are areas, like at Nundle for example, that don't allow motorised pumps. Some camping areas also don't allow generators or have restrictions on hours of use so a motorised pump at those spots may cause some reaction to?
State Forests have set their own equipment rules which as land managers are entitled to do so. The alternative is no access at all I guess.

Latest posts