what have u dodgied up ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went bush the other week, lugged all my gear down the creek, Forgot to bring/pack my "scraper" for my wallbanker.....
*sigh* after a day of using my water logged wrinkly hand to clear the classifier of of rocks my poor little digits were so bloody sore it wasnt funny. So the MacGuiver in me dodgied up this, a stick, wire (never leave home without wire) and the halved bottom of a dog food can.
Worked an absolute treat, got a day out of it before it became too weak.
which leads me to ask, what have you's had to dodgie up?

1387404012_scraper.jpg

What a great idea there mate, :eek: might have to incorporate that technology into some of my own bankers.

cheers Wal.

I made a really cool TV stand out of a coathanger, the TV was the wifes Iphone 4, the movie...yogie bear...the place...Tuena Campsite.....had to use wire shrink wrap where the coathanger held the phone so wouldn't scratch the screen. Sat on the Esky real good as I watched the sun set, watched the movie, sipped on wine and pondered the stars. One of my best useful builds of the year. Wish I had a pic

Took a trip to Cape York in July last year.
I hit a roo 200 ks south of Charters Towers about 3 in the morning in the middle of nowhere which went under the right hand side of the car and snapped the spring on the bike trailer which had 3 dirtbikes and a heap of gear in it.
Luckily up there the guide posts are steel tube, so we cut one off and used cable ties and duct tape to secure it to the two halves of the spring and used a ratchet strap to hold the axle forward and to stop it moving.
We did 600kms with it like this and changed the springs in Cairns.

1387451370_img_2342_478x640.jpg

1387451414_img_2340_640x478.jpg

1387451245_img_2338_640x478.jpg

You gots do what ya gots do!

My next trailer will have a welder compartment just in case I need to weld something that breaks.

Nice one trenchfighter!! I've never thought of carrying a hacksaw.. A can opener-yes, it just goes to show one can never carry enough.. Did you have a shoo roo mounted on front??
60 years ago I used to visit on weekends an old prospector who taught me panning and when out shooting roos he had a sharp pocket knife and when skinning roos he cut off the scrotum and sold them to a dealer somewhere who tanned them into ladys' coin purses. The women probably never suspected where they came from.. Metre long sand goannas were his target also when out panning. In one movement he'd grab it by the tail swing it around and smash its head against the nearest tree, then slit its belly open & recover the roe-like fat glands which he got the sun on his corrugated iron roof to render the fat into a glass bottle.. Among other things he reckoned it was good for piles. Never had to try it.****
Prospecting trivia sure can be interestin... Cheers,, Carl.

Latest posts