What Book are You Readng

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Written in 1937, I read it at least once a year.

1518600547_capture.jpg

I am a big reader. Used to read a lot of novels but now I prefer true life books. History, biographies etc. Some great Australian books....

Hell, West and Crooked by Tom Cole. He has a few books, all worth a read.

Redbill: The Amazing Story of an Australian Pearling Lugger. Lance Kate. Great book. This Pearl lugger had about 5 different lives.

Down Under by Bill Bryson. One of my all time favourite books. The most amusing and interesting Australian history/travel book you will ever read. All his books are great.A real wordsmith.

When I get interested in a topic I will read every book I can find on the subject. Read a lot of aboriginal history. Archaeology of the Dreamtime was a great read.

Interested to see what everyone thinks about ereaders

I swore i would never get one, however the wife bought me one a few years ago and I use it every day.
If I find I have even 5 minutes free, out comes the Kobo.
It goes everywhere with me.

Took a few reads to get used to not having a real book in the hands, now it is too easy
Currently I have about 1000 books of so many different subjects on it but it does hold about 10000 books.

They expire in 30 days so can constantly get new books,
Charge by usb or power and usually last a week or two before needing recharge.
I luv em..

"Hell, West and Crooked by Tom Cole. He has a few books, all worth a read."

Have to agree with you there Ramjet, he writes a good book. Read most of them. :Y: :Y:

"Cops, Crocs & Leopard-skin Jocks: The Life of Roy Wright of Borroloola"

Book by Bob Magor

Found this book very good reading also and I probably ran into him up that way. :Y: :Y:

Cheers

Doug

NeilM said:
Interested to see what everyone thinks about ereaders

I swore i would never get one, however the wife bought me one a few years ago and I use it every day.
If I find I have even 5 minutes free, out comes the Kobo.
It goes everywhere with me.

Took a few reads to get used to not having a real book in the hands, now it is too easy
Currently I have about 1000 books of so many different subjects on it but it does hold about 10000 books.

They expire in 30 days so can constantly get new books,
Charge by usb or power and usually last a week or two before needing recharge.
I luv em..
Hi NeilM, I have an ereader too, used it for a little while, but I don't use it now at all as I still like the feel of a book in my hands and the smell of the pages and being able to easily flick back and forth through a book if I'm referencing something and sometimes I like to write notes in the margins. I do use ibooks and the audible app on my phone too though, but an actual book is my favourite to read.
It is good to hear you are getting so much use from your kobo, an excellent gift from your wifey and it's certainly worth having when you use it so much. Clearly you are an avid reader. Thumbs up to you :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

silver said:
I read it ages ago too Chiron... definately an eye opener of a read hey.
I still have my copy here in a box tucked away somewhere's :Y:
and I was a big sci fi fan way back (anything sci fi at all) that's what got me reading a lot at first... then I flipped over to real science, gardening, and whatever the subconscious wanted to speed read :Y: (let it have it's head for a fair run) :p

Silver,
All the men in my family, going back many generations, have been avid gardeners.
Sadly I was born with a "brown thumb" - any plant I touch is doomed to a quick death.

Gee, yeah a good read. But got chased off a haul road by 2 massive graders following the mud maps! Ha.
Was out near red october mine trying to find penny weight flats.
We never found it that day untill I got totally lost.... embarrassingly rescued by the police, who also got lost trying to find me!
I will oneday post that saga. Still to this day it makes me take a deep breath and makes me respect so many rules of the bush and to survive there.
And I just took a dunny roll and the detector for a quick swing before breaky

Just got back from the Lifeline Book Fair where I picked up some bargains ...
1520566748_20180309_140738.jpg

The book fair is on at Berkley, NSW for this weekend 9th-11th of March if anyone Illawarrians are interested in going. All books on Sunday half price, they had a set of Ion Idriess books for $40 so I might go back on Sunday and get them half price if they're still there.

This is what I'm reading at the moment ....
1520566760_20180309_140924.jpg

This is what I'm reading next ....

1520566772_20180309_140951.jpg

I love books!

Hi flowers i am an avid reader, i love biographies on some of our truly great hero,s Sir John monash, Sir weary Dunlop, Brigadier Potts. To name a few, australian history, i have just finished a book about the women of Eureka called the forgotten rebels of Eureka, i am sure you would enjoy it flowers. Also devour anything about early Africa.
Jim

The forgotten rebels of Eureka, Ooh I will look that book up right now, thanks Jim :lol:

*edit*. Just bought the book Jim, it'll be winging it's way to me shortly, thanks again.

Latest posts