What a great forum

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Buck

Barry Jones
Reaction score
Found this forum today and registered at 2.30pm. I have just spent the last 5 hours (raining at home today :) ) reading the DYI page. Awesome. It never ceases to amaze me the ingenuity of man. Love it and now have eleventy seven projects to get started. The fact that it us going to cost me bugger all to set up my gold prospecting kit really appeals. Thanks one and all. As I said earlier, if you ever see me "head down, bum up" in a creek, stop and say hello. Not hard to identify, my rego is NSW plates BUCK.

Regards
Uncle Buck

Yeh its a trove of info here. Helps fill in the time between hunting trips. Gold hunting of course.

Thanks all. I have bailed on plenty of other forums because of personal attacks by some on others, but looks like everyone plays well with others in this sandbox. Just spent two hours on the Oz History page. There is some sharp minds and witty people on here. This one is a keeper.

Welcome to the forum Buck. Glad to hear that strolling through the forum threads is helping you enjoy a rainy day. The DIY section certainly urges one to put up a large extension to the shed, as projects in progress soon take up an enormous amount of room. :eek:

Hope you continue to enjoy what the forum has to offer and will keep an eye out for that distinctive number plate whilst out on the stream.

All the best of luck out there,

Wal.

Welcome Uncle Buck,
Fairly new myself
I check this forum everyday...usually getting stuck reading for too long...lol
Heaps of great info here at PA

Welcome aboard Buck, good to see your enjoying the forum mate. Look forward to seeing some of your DIY projects ;)

Cheers

C&L

Welcome Uncle Buck.
Everybody wants an Uncle called Buck, lives in the bush and drives a truck. [sorry, couldnt help it].
I do have a second line for the rhyme but it would be deemed inappropriate by the Admin so lets keep it clean.
Welcome to the site mate. Its definatly one of a kind. Lots of people with a lot of knowledge willing to share it around. When your ready you can post up some of your DIY projects to help inspire some others.
Catch up in the field mate and welcome again
Cheers
Chris

YO wasup "UNCLE BUCK" this an awesome forum there are really funny and informative people on this site even the mrs is getting into it ,looking forward to see some of your DIY's and finds have fun.............ps are you really John Candy ?

Nope DWT, but before I lost weight my mates reckoned I was a dead ringer for him, hence the moniker. The buggers pooled their resources and purchased the BUCK rego plates for my fiftieth birthday near ten year back and wet themselves laughing every year as I moan about paying $500 to keep them. Gotta laugh, love the laughter.

Uncle Buck said:
Nope DWT, but before I lost weight my mates reckoned I was a dead ringer for him, hence the moniker. The buggers pooled their resources and purchased the BUCK rego plates for my fiftieth birthday near ten year back and wet themselves laughing every year as I moan about paying $500 to keep them. Gotta laugh, love the laughter.

Arrr well......ok then.......sheeeez thought i was onto it then :8 ...... anyways....i will keep me eye's out for ya if you make it down this way.... 8)

Latest posts