We need some new coin.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlS

Karl
Reaction score
Pacific Peso is steadily declining in value. The 1 and 2 cents coins has been abolished long time ago. Prices are going up, what can you buy for one dollar nowdays. Not much. Gold is getting smaller and harder to find and price of prospecting gear has skyrocketing. Poor prospectors are doing it tough. That's why we need some new coins. I reckon silver 5 dollars coin, size of six pence wold be nice. And how about gold ten dollars coin size of three pence. Easy to loose and hard to find without a detector. :p
Karl

How good would finding a 5 buck coin be! Honestly, I get a buzz out of the one buck finds, they soon add-up.

KarlS said:
Pacific Peso is steadily declining in value. The 1 and 2 cents coins has been abolished long time ago. Prices are going up, what can you buy for one dollar nowdays. Not much. Gold is getting smaller and harder to find and price of prospecting gear has skyrocketing. Poor prospectors are doing it tough. That's why we need some new coins. I reckon silver 5 dollars coin, size of six pence wold be nice. And how about gold ten dollars coin size of three pence. Easy to loose and hard to find without a detector. :p
Karl

Smaller and higher value coins - what a brilliant suggestion, but I'd prefer them to all be the colour of the present 'gold' coins that blend in so well with the sand here on the Left Coast. ;)

grubstake said:
KarlS said:
Karl

Smaller and higher value coins - what a brilliant suggestion, but I'd prefer them to all be the colour of the present 'gold' coins that blend in so well with the sand here on the Left Coast. ;)

Well yes, you are right. Gold color blends in well in dry grass too.
Karl

Yep I'm all for it, great ideas everyone, we could all detect full time and do quite well if $5 and $10 coins were in circulation. You could just tackle random people in parks or on the beach and then detect there once they picked themselves up and wandered off again. :D

I hear you gentlemen..
Unfortunately I think we're headed to a cashless society pretty soon. The humble $1 coin maybe a rare find in 30 years time.

towelly said:
I hear you gentlemen..
Unfortunately I think we're headed to a cashless society pretty soon. The humble $1 coin maybe a rare find in 30 years time.

Are we going to pay for trivial things like box of matches with credit card? Well, it may be costing twenty bucks in that time. To buy packed of smokes you will need personal loan. Scary, who wants to live to 150?
Karl

Latest posts