Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more pics...

1399512551_img_20140502_201147_747.jpg

1399512628_img_20140503_062443_056.jpg

I haven't got all the other stuff, i.e., expanded alum., moss,... but I do have gold hog mat...

Great looking gold there wolf, and I'm sure the banker will get that jar full in no time.

Best of luck with it all out there on that stream.

Cheers Wal.

Hey wal if I'm just going after fine gold, what's the best setup? Just bread creat or a particular grade of expanded mesh?

Hi again wal and all :) hope I am not repeating a q here, there are a few pages here now to scroll through.
I'm having trouble with how much pressure I'm using to hold the crate down. In the middle crate section over the mat, if I adjust the tabs low to hold it down firm, the crate sort of bows up in the middle, if I loosen the tabs a little the crate sits nice and flat, but is there enough down pressure from crate to mat, I don't know :eek: Am I right I thinking, I don't need the crate to b squishing the mat moss flat, it just needs to have a light indent into it and have water pass under the crate and through the mat moss. I can hold it hard so when I turn the water off each crate L holds water for a few min, or if I loosen them up, it will drain the water out of each L with in a few sec. Hope I make some sence here and someone knows what I'm on about lol, cheers for all the help and some awsome talent on here with these designs and ideas :)

Hi Mate,
Same dilemma when I built mine,
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5458

So if you have a look at mine you can see two pieces of alluminium that hold it all down square.

Hope it help's.

SuperPeter said:
Hi again wal and all :) hope I am not repeating a q here, there are a few pages here now to scroll through.
I'm having trouble with how much pressure I'm using to hold the crate down. In the middle crate section over the mat, if I adjust the tabs low to hold it down firm, the crate sort of bows up in the middle, if I loosen the tabs a little the crate sits nice and flat, but is there enough down pressure from crate to mat, I don't know :eek: Am I right I thinking, I don't need the crate to b squishing the mat moss flat, it just needs to have a light indent into it and have water pass under the crate and through the mat moss. I can hold it hard so when I turn the water off each crate L holds water for a few min, or if I loosen them up, it will drain the water out of each L with in a few sec. Hope I make some sence here and someone knows what I'm on about lol, cheers for all the help and some awsome talent on here with these designs and ideas :)

Any walbanker video's. Plz share them :) I've done one but I keep changing things on mine lol, so I will do another next trip. Hope to c how they are all going out in the field, good luck hunting the yellow :D

Hi Wal, I am new to prospecting and came across your videos that lead me to this forum. All your videos are unreal and thanks for the years of knowledge passed on.
I have a few questions for you, I currently have a pre made sluce that isnt catching the flour gold that is in the area where i go. I am going to make your design
*What is that woven rubber matt from bunnings called, have been to 2 bunnings and they dont know what i am talking about. They keep showing me outdoor or marine carpet
*What is the height of the catwalk material
*How many GPH are you pumping through

Cheers

Jack Matthews

Jackgee said:
Hi Wal, I am new to prospecting and came across your videos that lead me to this forum. All your videos are unreal and thanks for the years of knowledge passed on.
I have a few questions for you, I currently have a pre made sluce that isnt catching the flour gold that is in the area where i go. I am going to make your design
*What is that woven rubber matt from bunnings called, have been to 2 bunnings and they dont know what i am talking about. They keep showing me outdoor or marine carpet
*What is the height of the catwalk material
*How many GPH are you pumping through

Cheers

Jack Matthews
Hi Jack it's commonly used for wet areas. Eg bars, wash down areas to prevent slipping.
It's called a number of things PVC woven matting, spaghetti matting.
Bunnings have it on the racks in rolls, it is usually up the back in the middle of the store. Look for rubber door mats etc.
They may be able to help you locate it by asking for wet area matting.
Hope this will help.

hi jackgee the mat is a door mat I used for the wal banker you get at bunnings its band name bayliss 60 it is rubber backed mat this is what wal told me to buy stops the gold from going through and out the bottom about $28 you get 2 mats out of it there is a small one you get 1 mate out it cheers

This looks like what I am after, but my question is....How much does it cost to buy all the materials..???
As I have seen this design for sale also..?
I could make one just tossing up the price V's buying in store..

Dan

Also get the mat's from Big W.
Looks like instant noodles with a backing.
$12:00 each. :)
Earthly Brown, Red, Black or Green.

DanielGOLD, It will cost more to buy than 2 build 1. This design is based on the everymans budget. Things like the bread crate, that can b cut from a free broken crate. The mesh u use, will b what u find at ur local scrap yard. Bunnings or big W floor Mats go from $6-$30 look around for a deal. U can make one of these as cheep and nasty looking as ur skills and tools let u. Mine reflects how bad I am at cutting a strait line lol, but works fine :)

Latest posts