Victorian Lands Clarification Please.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
Apologies if this has been done to death but am trying to find out if you're allowed to prospect on areas marked on maps as Reserve, Plantation or H.A. ?
Cheers

Gidday , AdamP.

Reserve and H.A is a big NO. They are Heritage registered and listed with various explanations as to why each site is on the list . It could be for historical significance or archeological or Aboriginal importance etc . etc .

As for pine plantations, i am still to get absolute clarification on it , but alot of the time you will only see a warning sign saying not to go into the area ,even though there is a thoroughfare to somewhere else going through the middle of it. The signs may only be while harvesting and left up after they have finished , but it still may be private property. Best to check with the DSE ( i am old school and don`t the like DELWP name ) or check with the company in control of the plantation.
Hancock Victorian Plantations are a prominent name that pops up all the time. I went on their website awhile ago ,but they don`t mention the legalities of going on their land ,but did mention something about protecting Aboriginal sites etc . I couldn`t get their map to load to see what areas they were operating at the time ,so i am still none the wiser on where they are currently operating .

Here is a link to a similar discussion and if i find out any more , i`ll let you know .

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27162

FOZ

Hi
I thought that HA would be verboten but have seen publications and online recommending detecting. An example is Queens Birthday mine in Goldsborough, can you or can't you? Or possibility no. 3 is I'm misreading maps?
Cheers

I just got back from the DSE office and they said definately a no - go in plantations .They said they are usually crown land leased out or on private property and there are not always signs up . They also confirmed what i said about the H.A and reserves.

The DSE have maps online of where you can and can`t go and said if we have any more queries regarding land access in a particular area ,to phone Earth resources or go to their webpage for more info and contact details. They also pointed out about not going state parks for our hobby ,but some state parks have fossicking areas set aside ,so we should do our homework first . Not their exact words ,but that was what they said in a nutshell. They have to be careful how they word things.

Very nice people to deal with and more than helpful.

Good advice from you ,too , Northeast. Thanks.

I`ll get back to you on the Goldsborough mine , AdamP.

FOZ

It`s on the list, Adam P.

1572581489_gbb.jpg

1572581512_gbbb.jpg

Latest posts