Victoria - alluvial gold claim.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a new member interested to invest capital in small alluvial gold lease, in victoria. :)

im intersted, whats the plan sort of thing. whats the difference between this and a miners right?

So you have capital to invest? :eek:
Are you willing to take a significant risk?
How can you be sure you will get a positive return on your expenses?

Now i have been a gold prospector for exactly 26 years a recreational hobbyist, i have spent a fortune and found very little gold in return.
Getting a lease in Victoria is so much hard work and red tape? Its the controlling government bodies way of preventing mining taking place?

You would have to be very sure you had a deposit that can be worked at profit for a number of years if you get thru all the hurdles?
I have not seen found or heard of such a place for the small scale miner in Victoria.

Though i do know of a very good prospect 4 sale in another country though the cost for the lease is into the Millions, and trouble with the local green groups could prevent mining of any type, size etc.

If your still interested PM me if you got millions, perhaps we could work something out with the current owner? :D

check http://www.goldminesales.com.au/

research will highlight what is for sale. don't know what you mean by small. a dozer and wash plant? a backhoe and pans, water and detectors?

having said that -very expensive if done properly, and that's just small scale, earth moving equipment, diesel, fees, revegetation etc.

not saying don't have a crack,but do some very careful and detailed research. they can be rewarding but lots of hard work, minimal wages and you need to trust your partners. no weekends off, no sickies, usually take it in turns to live on site, rain/cold/heat/drought/fires. good fun if you are younger. i have seen some recent smaller leases around central vic - usually last a couple of months and then close. you may want to research exploration license reports (ELs) on various areas to get some idea of the value or not. and then - try and get it through to commence.

me? yep - with my old mates. some-one I don't know? never - thats the way it is. best bet is on private land but the land owner will expect a fair return and thats if you find gold or not. rip anyone off- name gets around real quick amongst the fraternity, who have a very wide network.

I would suggest if you have the money, research,research,research, then purchase the land for yourself if possible. It takes away a lot of red tape and can assist in speeding up the lease process, it also has the added advantages of not having to cough up royalties, which can go the way of the titanic in so many ways.
As Loamer stated old mates is the best way, trusted people is the only way your going to come out on top otherwise you will want to pay seriously high wages to stop some of the gold going for a walk out the front door.
Not so long ago there was 25acres for sale in the Bendigo paper it was stacked full of old workings, right in heart of the local gold fields with power running right past the front of the property, a perfect little way to make a fortune, and once your done, rehab, house, shed, and flog it off. It was for sale for 225k, i was about 225k short damm it, it was only in the paper for two days, and then gone, gotta be quick. :rolleyes:

Its funny how these people join the forum, and their first post is something like this, then no replies from them.

Really serious about the post.

I agree, it would be nice to hear back from the OP considering the amount of effort members went to in replying. I can see he logged in today so it could simply be a case of not knowing how to find his previous posts. Either way I'm sure the information posted above will help someone out.

Hi members,
I was given a contact by your forum that was interested in my offer, i sent an email but have not recieved a reply.
so i will clarify what i am after, an existing lease that needs an injection of capital from 50k to 100k +
depending of course on viability of the project. i have a fair understanding of gold mining in general having had a registered claim myself and have done quit a bit of prospecting, but never having enough time because of other business interests that were more predictable than gold prospecting. but now i have the time and money and would like a partner operating on a strictly business relationship.

Latest posts