Vic newbie keen to connect and learn more

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

Im a South Australian (dont hold that against me lol) now living in Kilmore Victoria. My brother is a jeweller in the family owned jewellery business in Port Pirie South Australia. So you could say ive always been around gems and minerals but never got further invested myself. Due to Covid and having more time to spend researching and watching you tube, my curiosity has been ignited. I would really love to connect and go on hunts for gems and minerals with others to learn from them and explore the thrill of the hunt. I dont mind driving to get away from the hustle and bustle and get in that fresh country air. I have been on a few looks at Daylesford and Powelltown but clearly i dont know enough of what i am doing.

If youre keen for a chat and a novice to ask you 101 questions and be that human sponge for knowledge, drop me a line.

Happy hunting all :)

Welcome to the PA Forum Silvan 78. Fossicking is a great hobby as it gets you out into the great outdoors. I have found the PA Forum and You Tube to be very valuable in easing the learning curve. Study is essential as there is a lot to learn but the rewards for your effort far out way the time spent.

Best of luck and have fun.

Happy Prospecting :D

B n B

Welcome Silvan 78...there's a member's meet up reasonably close to you this weekend and may be a spot left (as we're currently limited to camping in groups of 20 max).

if you can get 10 posts up you'll be able to see the details in the members only section.

Happy prospecting :)

Latest posts