Vic Fields - Friday 6 Sep results

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1378506819_13_grammer.jpg

13 grammer. Nice clean and on new ground - this is with a quick rinse with water and a clean. On its own in an area about 50 x 50. On a gentle slope. Gave a beaut signal which I at first discounted as a coin or button. Once I had dug through the 3 - 4" of overburden where the coins and buttons usually sit, I knew it was a goer. Once those gravels appear and its still a target - game on.

1378506838_friday_in_triangle.jpg

mixed bag. scale between 1 - 3 grams. I was following up in an area from August. Nice patch but nothing as big as the August 3+ ouncer.

1378506893_deep_digging.jpg

why I hate detecting in creek beds. I was walking from the side of one gully to the other with the 4500 on - dumb dumb dumb - waved it along as I went. Just had to dig it. 100+ years of flooding debris over a rusted out water barrel. This screamed at me and I should have known better. Took and hour to dig and about 15 minutes to fill the bxxxxxxxd in.

Settings 4500 general FP with gain and stab tweeked. 14x9 NF mono. patchy rain cool day.

Far out mate, that's a real nice looking nugget... it's these sorta posts that inspire me to wanna go to Victoria. Don't get me wrong I love the FNQ but when it comes to swinging it ain't the greatest... still yet to find my first. :8

Well done on the nuggets. Shame about the long dig for zip. Win some lose some I guess. The above photo of camp is a great shot. Looks cold but what a great way to relax in the bush. Cheers

are they those oztent bunkers ? If so are they warm and snug or does the cold air get under you? Cheers and great nugs

Yes goldtruck59, Oztent bunkers, their first trip, kept out a lot of rain.
A silver thermal blanket under the Roman delexe Moon Mat, well rated sleeping bag and very warm.

Redfin - had some nice sunny patches but yes - it was cool. I love the campsite pic - the Oztent's are a great set-up. Quick and easy to use and a great bit of kit to keep in the wagon. They are a very good and with good bags and mats - nice, safe and warm.

The cool ground is the best time I reckon as it minimalises the hot rocks to an extent. That ground you are on looks good as well. The golden wattle is out in force and the fields look spectacular. The forests between Dunolly and Tarnagulla are slowly recovering from the disease or whatever it was that hit them a while back. It was quite odd detecting in a 'dead' forest. No bird life whatsoever.

Agreed mate, we were there Thursday to Sunday lunchtime.
Lots of green, birdlife abundant, every dam is chocka, yabby nets next trip for sure.
Saturday was nice and sunny.

1378687105_20130907_134456ab.jpg

Latest posts