Very cheap camper trailer - kamparoo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we have to be very careful of older canvas tent campers.. more often than not the canvas is nearly buggered and a new cover for one of those is about $2200 not including the annexe. this one was cheap enough to be worth the dough but any more $$ and it is not a proposition. :)

Canvas looked ok on that one? Was cheap enough.
My 2004 models canvas is like new. If they've been looked after your laughin'. They're an easy camper to set up & pack away. You can do it by yourself & if just setting up for overnight it only takes a few minutes. Very easy to tow as well.
I reckon someone got a bargain there especially with the annex etc. Mine was $2200 & I thought that was a steal!

I have been in the canvas business for 44 years and I can not always tell if canvas is buggered by looking at it.. it can look almost perfect and be buggered. the only way to know is by tearing the canvas...it gets weaker and weaker until most of its tear strength has gone and the rips start to appear. this is besides anything else that you can see happening to it.. (and a lot more than this). this 26 year old canvas is getting on. I wish I had it to use at that price. it was a bargain:)

those older models have fiberglass roofs or floors they crack and leak
if they haven't been looked after . u can replace with later models checker plate but can be expensive ,Cub have some used ones available just depends on model

Well if i were looking for a cheap camper trailer i would have the tyres, suspension checked. The look at the canvas ,mattress. A new queen innerspring mattress designed for campertrailers is $300-400.
I really doesn't sound like a bad deal. :eek:

Latest posts