Velcro straps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
RM Outback said:
Redfin said:
Cable ties are cheap and strong

And need replacing each time you change the coil or coil and lower shaft.
So ?

A reusable tie is better than a one off throw away imo, and if their available in the quantity shown to me it's good value.

If you know how to use cable ties in a way that is multiple use of each I'm all ears.

RM Outback said:
mbasko said:
If you can find 70mm rubber horticultural tie bands they are a mile better than velcro.
Like these: https://www.auspots.com.au/collections/plant-ties/products/rubber-tie-bands

They are reasonably priced if you get a pack of 50 for $10.50 as per your example :Y: and free shipping for Aus and NZ :Y:
The 70mm ones are $14.95 (or ~30c ea).
If you bought 50 you'd likely never use them all. I've never had to replaced one. Give some to ya mates :Y:
I got a pack with about 15 in it but can't find them under a pack of 50 now? Still good value.
They don't move or come loose in my experience unlike velcro.

mbasko said:
RM Outback said:
mbasko said:
If you can find 70mm rubber horticultural tie bands they are a mile better than velcro.
Like these: https://www.auspots.com.au/collections/plant-ties/products/rubber-tie-bands

They are reasonably priced if you get a pack of 50 for $10.50 as per your example :Y: and free shipping for Aus and NZ :Y:
The 70mm ones are $14.95 (or ~30c ea).
If you bought 50 you'd likely never use them all. I've never had to replaced one. Give some to ya mates :Y:
I got a pack with about 15 in it but can't find them under a pack of 50 now? Still good value.
They don't move or come loose in my experience unlike velcro.

:Y: that's what I'm talk'n bout :Y: a decent product at awesome prices with a multiple /multitude of uses :beer: :goldnugget: thanks for posting :Y:

I just use a few wraps of electrical tape. Bit of a pain to get off, but stops the cord moving and giving false signals. Can be re-used several times then replace with new.

Any MIDDYS , AWM or any electrical wholesaler that sells Data cable supplys will sell velcro by the roll its used to bundle cat6 data cables just cut the lengths you want.