Vale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiron52

Dave
Reaction score
Sad news from the fire front -
We had 3 volunteer firies injured a couple of days ago.
2 fellas with multiple burns were put into induced comas due to burned lungs and smoke inhalation.
A young female volunteer firie was also taken to hospital with minor burns and smoke inhalation.

Today came the sad news that 2 young volunteer fighters lost their lives fighting the big fire S/W of Sydney. :flowers:
Reports said both men had young families and that both families were close friends.
It appears the firetruck they were traveling in, rolled after hitting a tree.

On Xmas Day, could PA members please stop for a moment and spare a thought for the gallant men and women risking their lives, fighting the fires and missing out on Xmas with their families, just to keep the rest of us safe. :Y: :heart:

Sadly it would appear one person has lost their life in the Adelaide Hills fires today, with another missing and several volunteer firefighters injured.

:Y: good post Chiron52 I'll spare a moment for all the emergency services :beer: . Definitely a very sad day with the loss of life and for those who have life changing injuries :flowers:

Absolutely terrible state of affairs! God bless all those involved in the fight and all those supporting them...my deepest sympathy to the families in their terrible loss. :(

Nice post chiron52 ,i too will spare a moment on xmas day for all our emergency services :beer: and i will also spare a moment for the family's, of the firies that have lost loved one's :flowers: and also to the family's of those that are injured :beer:

Life is so cruel at times. Those firies that have died or been injured have sacrificed from doing good. Their families and friends will be sad at a time of year that should be happy. I feel sorry for the losses and yes I will have a moment of remembrance at Christmas for them and others I have known. Lest we forget. :beer: Cheers.

Latest posts