upgrading from 705

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogger

Joel
Reaction score
Had the 705 for a while now, and looking to upgrade. Any suggestions on machine upgrades? How much better can they get in comparison to the 705 - for Coin shooting/relics. Cheers.

In a Minelab model: a Safari, E-trac or CTX 3030 would be the next decent step up from there, I'd say.

Hey frogger

Have you tried out the safari yet? I've also got a 705 and keeping my mind open to a future upgrade. Looks like the 705 keeps it's value better than some detectors (I bought mine at a discount as it was anyway)

MrCornford said:
Hey frogger

Have you tried out the safari yet? I've also got a 705 and keeping my mind open to a future upgrade. Looks like the 705 keeps it's value better than some detectors (I bought mine at a discount as it was anyway)

Yeah mate, I bought a used one on eBay for half the price. I can tell you now it runs all over the 705 at the beach (only place I have used it so far), but will be taking it on dry land tomorrow and see how she runs. Its an easy machine, much like the 705 in that way. Just have to learn to swing the coil slower lol.

Latest posts