Upgrading Audio For My SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9od

Reaction score
So.. I want to go wireless and boost the audio for the little blue fella but I don't know which way to go.
I will still be predominately using headphones and will be getting one of Nenad's adapters.
Keeping in mind that there is ZERO SP01's for sale.
Do I go for a booty booster or similar...and add the quest wireless?
Do I grab one of those boosters and get a pro-sonic (which I believe has a small amp?)
Or do I just get the quest wireless or pro-sonic without a booster?

If you are going to use Nenads Adaptor, get the rest from him, I did. What he currently has is updated from my setup, but equally suitable

The Tx is mounted via self adhesive velcro
1630938029_4-tx.jpg

I use the SP01 Booster hooked to the cover in its own cover
1630938029_20170928_154445.jpg

The assembly
1630938029_sdc2300.jpg

The Tx plugs into the output of the Sp01 and Nenad's patch lead to the input. The phones have a wireless Rx/on off switch and another volume control.
However, I use the SP01 for volume etc.

Batteries last for my detecting day, but is they do fail, I have another Tx with a similar sized Rx that normal phones connect to. The Rx is velcro fixed to my harness, so still wireless.

Forgot to mention, I now use a short lead from the patch lead, to the Sp01 (Coiltek Maryborough) and have moved the Sp01 to the other side of the detector as I swing right hand. Haven't photographed that yet, :)

The patch lead is a socket for headphones, so you need a short male to male or plug to plug lead. One end to the patch lead socket, the other plugs into the Sp01.

Cheers mate. Thats ideally how I would like to go but there are literally none of the SP01's for sale anywhere. Completely sold out and not sure when they will be available so now I dont know whether to just go without the booster or buy a different one.

G'day

I have a B&Z booster mounted on the belt of my harness so that I can use it with either the 4500 or the Sdc, all I do to run the Sdc through the booster is to use an extended stereo curly cable (bought from Jaycar) from the sdc which has one on Nenads patch leads fitted on it, then from there to the audio in socket on booster, so that you can have much better volume control.

The use of the Quest wireless set up on its own on the Sdc by memory did actually improve the audio volume a little bit so maybe just using that would be enough for you without the booster, I would only recommend the use of boosters to people who have age or work related hearing loss issues, as it can actually work the other way round and boosters can cause hearing damage as well.

https://outbackprospector.com.au/b-z-booster/

cheers

stayyerAU

Bought a "trumpet" (and stand from WoodyFoot) for my lovely ladies 2300, she won't leave home without it. Enjoys not being connected to the machine and no more annoying, uncomfortable headphones/curly cords getting caught in branches while ducking under trees. Ideal for her because she swings left handed. Doesn't appear to miss much, from memory a 0.05 has ended up in her jar more than once along with countless others.

The Sp01 is a great addition,, used mine with the SDC, even with stock headphones the target signals stood out over background. I liked to run on 5, and the SP01 would allow you to run at the exact volume you required.

That said I had quest lite and pros as well, lites for warmer weather, still an improvement over stock, and paired with the Sp01 it was perfect, fully adjustable clear audio that allowed tangle free use.

The tx range was pretty impressive, not just a few feet but easy several metres before dropouts would occur.

Those two in tandem is worth trying to get.

9od said:
Cheers mate. Thats ideally how I would like to go but there are literally none of the SP01's for sale anywhere. Completely sold out and not sure when they will be available so now I dont know whether to just go without the booster or buy a different one.

Email or phone Nenad, he will know when the SP01 is next available :)

I use a camp amp as I have used for years on all my Detectors hooked up to two speakers, but only one speaker on the 2300.

:skull:

9od said:

Might have one for sale if your interested,i'd have to check with the better half but i think she said she might sell it the oday

I use the ML ProSonic/SP01 combo. Both fit nicely into a Molle pouch that is clipped onto my belt (same side where I detect), with headphone cable going into the pouch to the SP01. The SDC/SP01 is a killer combo for the SDC, never go without it! The Tx is attached with zip tie on the cover.

Thanks for all the replies guys.
@Nightjar....I have a trumpet but I am right handed and have found it doesn't do the job for me personally, especially when its a little windy and I am walking through scrubby ground.
Like OldGT I run it hot and very rarely ever drop under sensitivity 4 but I think I run the threshold a bit too high. Usually very close to full. Hoping the booster and volume control will help me there.

@Goldchaser1....I am definitely interested. For sure let me know if you decide to sell.

G'day

I spotted this SP01 for sale on Gumtree this morning but after reading the heading again I realised that it was sold pending payment.

cheers

stayyerAU

Picked up an SP01 from Goldchaser1 (Thanks mate) and ordering a quest wireless headphone setup today from Nenad.

I will be putting the booster on the sdc cover...Should I get a "short" lead to go from the patch lead to the booster??

Nightjar said:
Bought a "trumpet" (and stand from WoodyFoot) for my lovely ladies 2300, she won't leave home without it. Enjoys not being connected to the machine and no more annoying, uncomfortable headphones/curly cords getting caught in branches while ducking under trees. Ideal for her because she swings left handed. Doesn't appear to miss much, from memory a 0.05 has ended up in her jar more than once along with countless others.

There are so many cool 3D printed bits for these detectors,hey? I watched a YouTube on some of these including the trumpet, etc, and super impressed.

Latest posts