Update on the Crossing at Mt Costigan Rd Tuena

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The owner of the property has stopped any camping at the crossing. He said that he has no problem with people having a day trip out there to fossick but must be off the property by sunset. There are signs in place prohibiting camping,Hunting and motor bike riding.

But I don't think it would take much for him to close it down completely.

Regards Bing

I'm glad he is ok with people having a day there, sounds like a fair bloke. Hope it stays that way and no one upsets him.

It's a real shame when a handful of idiots ruin it for everyone. I hope those types keep right away :(

Hey Bing , Is it private property, the moment you turn off Mt Costigan Rd toward the creek ?

If so, you say he is OK for us to park there, as long as gone in afternoon, sounds very fair

Yes it is private property as soon as you pass the sign he has put up and he has no problem with you parking your vehicle there but only along the Creek area. All he asked is that people take their rubbish with them and not to damage his land.

Cant blame him. Lasr time I was there I counted at least a dozen beer bottles along the creek. Its great that he still lets people do a bit of fossicking though.

Maybe we should all make a point to look around and take any rubbish that we see with us. I know we shouldn't have to pick up after others but if we all do our bit it might help our cause in the long run.

I agree. I dont even like to crap on private property besides I dont like to clean crap off my detector coil when I'm looking for nuggets lol

When we were out there we did leave our area cleaner than what we found it. But when both hands are full of equipment there is only so much you can do.

may be clean up day at some places to make the farmers happy I will help at places close to me :)

richo966 said:
may be clean up day at some places to make the farmers happy I will help at places close to me :)

That's a great idea richo. If those of us with a conscious could clean up a little after the lazy buggers.
Show that mostly we are good responsible people... Can't hurt our hobby.

Nugget said:
Maybe we should all make a point to look around and take any rubbish that we see with us. I know we shouldn't have to pick up after others but if we all do our bit it might help our cause in the long run.

Pretty sure thats all I do when metal detecting ;)

we had to do some clean up after others at tuena when we arrived the other day, smashed bottles right near the camp site. :( what we cant burn, we take home and we always do a walk of our site before we leave to make sure nothing is left.

I am going to gg tomorrow I will pick up any rubbish I see along the way will take small plastic bag for the job ;)

Latest posts