Tuross River

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there

I was just wondering if anyone has information or possible and suggestions for panning and sluicing sites in the Nerrigundah Tuross river and tributaries areas?

Regards

Alphabetman

Gulph Creek behind the pub - have read somewhere that this was a good spot? Apparently they used to dredge the creek but there is a 150m stretch where they couldn't due to buildings etc. Hopefully someone with better local knowledge can help.

From what I have discovered around Nerrigundah from speaking with a lot of old timers who have been prospecting the area for years is that most of the creeks around Nerrigundah, tinpot and Belowra are gold bearing. Check all the maps and old mine sites. Be careful around Gulfe Creek as a bit of it runs through private property. They are very watchful of strangers out that way.....lol I am currently looking at a creek between Nerrigundah and Belowra which I hope will eventually pay off.

Jason.

You'll be lucky to even find colors in gulph Creek at Nerrigundah. Try North creek, upstream from where the main track crosses it ( a cranky local lady often tries to chase people away from here, I just ignore her ). Or Deep creek is also good.

The tinpot and quartpot alluvials are the best spots on the Tuross. I am mates with a lot of the locals out there and have detected/sluiced some nice nuggets in this area. There is still good spots in the state forest surrounding theses fields.

DD

Thanks guys for input, I had already felt the areas discussed were worthy of exploring, so I will keep you updated from time to time

P.S.I have changed my user name, (slightly) ;)

Latest posts