Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Does any one have any info on Forsayth Detecting and also if tours and training are available.
thanks
Rob :)

Thanks for the replies much appreciated. Hey rc62burke are you a local? Do you give any lessons or info on where to go. I'm tossing up between wa and nth q. I live just north of Brisbane . I'm fairly new and have only found 1 small nugget. .4g at Warwick . Pretty keen . I have a month of work June / July . Is this a good time to come up
Thanks
Rob

Turborob said:
Thanks for the replies much appreciated. Hey rc62burke are you a local? Do you give any lessons or info on where to go. I'm tossing up between wa and nth q. I live just north of Brisbane . I'm fairly new and have only found 1 small nugget. .4g at Warwick . Pretty keen . I have a month of work June / July . Is this a good time to come up
Thanks
Rob

Rob
I am a Townsville local, I don't give any lessons other than advise on what to look for in the area's I am familiar with.
A month off to spend in the North at that time of year "lucky bugger" I call it Paradise!!! you still need to work hard for your returns though.
Your decision on where to go will take in a lot of variables eg; distance to travel, availability of help (detecting help that is), your equipment, your age & fitness (WA by all accounts is a little easier on the body flatter)

If you venture this way I can put you in contact with the Townsville club (I am no longer a member) members will be out in the field so can help you, get in contact with Steve as mentioned above.

What gear do you use??
cheers
Lee

That's a bit heavy handed with the moderation! I posted business information that directly answered the OP's question.

The post may have been mistakenly edited due to posting what was thought to be personal contact details (which generally is against forum rules). As it appears to be business related, please feel free to re-post contact details for the OP, sorry for the hassle.

No of fence intended people.
Please go ahead and re-post details as above.
I will restore them back into place for you.

Thanks for the info I have a gpx4500 and a sd2100v2.has anyone have any tips with the sd. What could to use etc
Thanks
Rob :) :)

Hi lee still making my mind up between nrth qld and wa. What detector are you using? Thanks for the helpful info. Is the Steve your talking about the Steve ballment thanks

Turborob said:
Hi lee still making my mind up between nrth qld and wa. What detector are you using? Thanks for the helpful info. Is the Steve your talking about the Steve ballment thanks

Yes i am talking about the same guy,

I use an SD2200d & an SDC2300, My main detector is the SD2200d with a NF 14" mono coil, when ground conditions suit.

I would not worry about trying to use your SD other than having it available as a spare ( take a 14dd if you have it for a back up on the SD)

Cheers
Lee

Hey Turbo will be heading to Halls Creek for a few weeks in June /July. First time heading West and will be going solo. Leave Gladstone Qld up through Tennant Creek the over to HC. Still on a learning curve with the 4500. Do alright with the SDC. So if ya decide on WA and don't mind a bit of company give us a yell. Might even get out for a detect. Will be taking a camper trailer and camp on gold fields.

Polky

Sorry Polky just read your post again. My questions have been answered already.what the best way to keep in contact?
Thanks
Rob

Bud will pm my email and phone number. Mate of mine who's been in the game for 30 yrs is giving me a heap of info. He will be in Meekathara July and is going to come to HC for a few days for a few drinks and take me to a few spots. Your are very welcome to come along. I was hoping to run into people around HC.

Polky

I have just completed two of the most rewarding, valuable and best value days training in living memory, and since I am a professional workplace trainer I believe I can speak with some authority on these aspects.
Logan White from TreasureTech - www.treasuretechstore.com , provided the most informative detector/prospector training sessions I have attended for, well, ever.
If you are looking for training look no further, he covers a vast array of detectors and settings, brief history of various areas, mapping, gps use, provides expert tuition in use of your machine with ample time to practice under his watchful eye. And much more.
I am so glad I took this early on in my journey.
Thanks to Justin at Lost Treasures store in Brisbane as well for pointing me in the right direction.
I look forward to putting what I have learnt into action, thanks guys.

Daniel

Latest posts