Topo maps for Garmin Etrex 30

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I have a etrex 30 Garmin , what are the best topo maps to install. ;)

If you are looking for a good free map then get Shonky Maps. I used them for a while but just ended up buying the Aus tropo maps off ebay for $24. Garmin want $299 for them !! You can also make custom maps by overlaying them as an image on google earth and then export it to the etrex

You can also use any waypoints that you haved saved on Google earth as the etrex reads kmz and kml files. If you have any trouble then just inbox me. :)

Heavymetal, what scale are the topo maps and are they pdf or other type? I have been after electronic Topo at 1:100k and 1:50k for ages..

Cheers, Tone

TenOunce Tone said:
Heavymetal, what scale are the topo maps and are they pdf or other type? I have been after electronic Topo at 1:100k and 1:50k for ages..

Cheers, Tone

You can get electronic topo's for Qld with an app called MemoryMap. It works on smart phones, iPads etc.

DD

Diggerdude said:
TenOunce Tone said:

Cheers, Tone

You can get electronic topo's for Qld with an app called MemoryMap. It works on smart phones, iPads etc.

DD

the maps seem pretty expensive to me , where do you get yours ?

i just bought Hema 4WD topo maps for Australia which is $ 130 on itunes

Latest posts