Top ten metal detectors 2015

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trying to tell me the at pro is better than my v3i is pushing it a bit to extremes,lol :eek: ..i,d think ctx and etrac users would be feeling the same 8)

Ramjet said:
anton said:
trying to tell me the at pro is better than my v3i is pushing it a bit to extremes,lol :eek: ..i,d think ctx and etrac users would be feeling the same 8)

I guess more At pro users have voted.

true mate.. i guess it boils down to whats best for 'you' :p

No PI detectors.

But the AT-Pro was guaranteed to be near the top.

Maybe the new minelab Go-Find 40 will make the list next year....:)

Ir is not based on Facts, Everyone Knows that the V3i, Etrac and the CTX have the depth Advantage over the others and the Deus is A Killer Machine too, Not exactly A true reflection of real world Testing.

At time of my reply there are 170 votes for
the at pro and 110 for the Deus.

Give me the Deus any day. Free software updates
for life, Iron volume, 930 grams in weight or there
abouts, Foldable stem, choice of frequencies, gold
Detecting program, ground reject feature, super fast
Recovery, awesome discrimination capability etc etc.

As always though each to their own.

Wolfau said:

It is A Killer in Junk Filled sites and it is one of the Few machines that can cope in Countries with over 5000 years of metal workings,, So Much so that in Europe there was A Mass Exodus of people changing over to the XP GoldMaxx Power and at one point about 17 out of 20 people Owned One,

Out of all The High End Machines The XP's are the Best suited to Iron Infested Sites, But Just don't try and use the XP GoldMaxx On The Beach because they will not work very well as they were bought out as a Land Based Machine,

John

Ridge Runner said:
Wolfau said:

It is A Killer in Junk Filled sites and it is one of the Few machines that can cope in Countries with over 5000 years of metal workings,, So Much so that in Europe there was A Mass Exodus of people changing over to the XP GoldMaxx Power and at one point about 17 out of 20 people Owned One,

Out of all The High End Machines The XP's are the Best suited to Iron Infested Sites, But Just don't try and use the XP GoldMaxx On The Beach because they will not work very well as they were bought out as a Land Based Machine,

John

I sold the gpx5000 and plan on using the deus
In the gold fields. I wonder what lurks where
Iron trash is buried where those swinging a
6k detector have decided to leave and try else
Where.

Wolfau said:
Ridge Runner said:
Wolfau said:

John

I sold the gpx5000 and plan on using the deus
In the gold fields. I wonder what lurks where
Iron trash is buried where those swinging a
6k detector have decided to leave and try else
Where.

I know they can pull coins at 17",

Steve H says they are real good for use in junk filled site, and I have been around XP machine since about 2006-2008 ish.

heres what Steve says about it, http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors.htm

rocketaroo said:
Why kill your arm with a ctx, when the deus is so much lighter, and cheaper?

This is True,,, It's like comparing an UZI to A Winchester,

They are Really Fast at sorting out the junk.

rocketaroo said:
Why kill your arm with a ctx, when the deus is so much lighter, and cheaper?

Its amazing technology especially in iron infested areas. To hear and control the iron volume is mind blowing.

I am waiting for the v4 software update though. Since I sold the gpx5000 I will test it though in the ground fields.

I want to see if ironstone bits comes off as iron and want to test the ground reject feature.

Anyone want more info onthe Deus can do some searches on this forum though.

Hi. All. I had to put my two cents worth in here Wolfau. If it's gold you're after I cannot understand the change from a gpx to the Deus. Don't get me wrong here, the Deus is truly remarkable. I had one. I basically did the same thing. I thought I could do it all with the CTX (tried that first) Then the Deus. Much to my extreme disappointment the Deus was very poor in the much touted gold program. Tried it on a 2 grammer in an open hole about 3 inches deep. Didn't get a peep out of it. At the end of the day it is still a VLF, and suffers from the same issues all VLFs have suffered from since the dawn of detecting. For gold? A PI is unbeatable in Australian conditions. The best VLF I tried that was the most sensitive to the same test was the Technetics T2 se. The Deus is however without doubt superb in trash. If your looking for gold though my suggestion is always detect in All Metal mode with your VLF. Bit noisy but still better than discrim mode for gold. Regards.. Ronnie.

ronniecruisin said:
Hi. All. I had to put my two cents worth in here Wolfau. If it's gold you're after I cannot understand the change from a gpx to the Deus. Don't get me wrong here, the Deus is truly remarkable. I had one. I basically did the same thing. I thought I could do it all with the CTX (tried that first) Then the Deus. Much to my extreme disappointment the Deus was very poor in the much touted gold program. Tried it on a 2 grammer in an open hole about 3 inches deep. Didn't get a peep out of it. At the end of the day it is still a VLF, and suffers from the same issues all VLFs have suffered from since the dawn of detecting. For gold? A PI is unbeatable in Australian conditions. The best VLF I tried that was the most sensitive to the same test was the Technetics T2 se. The Deus is however without doubt superb in trash. If your looking for gold though my suggestion is always detect in All Metal mode with your VLF. Bit noisy but still better than discrim mode for gold. Regards.. Ronnie.

It really depends how you used the Deus, what settings
You had and the software version you were running at
The time. I will test a 1 gram nugget though depth wise
As I am suprised you were not able to detect a 2 grammer
Then again it depends on the shape of the nugget.

Current one is v3.2 and there is talk of an
Update. I owned both machines and the gold fields are not
Close by hence i decided to sell the 5000 due to
The large investment money wise i had put towards
The purchase.

I did not sell 1 to purchase the other though.

Fully aware about our ground conditions since I
Have been prospecting off and on since the 90's.

Did you get to experiment with the ground notch
Feature on the Deus?

I think the deus around trashy areas in the gold
fields should do well though and I will test this.

A nice nugget found by a forum member.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8015

Latest posts