Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ned I love your work but I have question on the trees in the foreground, you appear to have put the highlights on the right and the left. Should in not be on the right on both or the left on both?
A beautiful composition and very nice tones
. I would like to retire there.
Cheers
Mackka?

That would be from the flash,... only a true artist can capture light like that,... So well done Ned.
Mackka said:
Hey Ned I love your work but I have question on the trees in the foreground, you appear to have put the highlights on the right and the left. Should in not be on the right on both or the left on both?
A beautiful composition and very nice tones
. I would like to retire there.
Cheers
Mackka?

A few rounds of Blue Brie cheese thanks to the cheese kit from my daughter for Christmas.

Hope I don't poison the family

1426333731_image.jpg

Good work mate, like making all my foodstuff from scratch,bread, sausages sourdough bread etc. none of this commercial stuff. Looks like a 45 ltre Engel fridge you have there as well.
Jaros. :p

Mackka, you are correct of course my friend, but this is the 5th painting I have ever done, loved drawing all my life never touched paint until about 8mths ago. My sister is a professional artist and keeps nagging me " when you are happy, stop. Don't keep picking at it, you only ruin it, so yes I made the mistake with the light highlights in the foreground (very observant) but decided to leave it and make sure I don't make that mistake again, I like your explanation as well Silver hahahah cheers for the comments everyone, its very relaxing, regards Ned

Jaros said:
Good work mate, like making all my foodstuff from scratch,bread, sausages sourdough bread etc. none of this commercial stuff. Looks like a 45 ltre Engel fridge you have there as well.
Jaros. :p

Cheers Jaros

A man after my own heart , I also do the sausage , beer , bread and preserves type thing . A mate of mine who cold smokes his own small goods is a genius , a very rewarding hobby. Yes the old Engel is a ripper , 10 days @ 10 degrees for the blue mould a few seconds in boiling water , then the same again for the White mould followed by three months @ 3 degrees ( so the destructions say ) . Cheers Golddigg hope to post something mouldy in three months time.

Hey Ned , really like that painting mate , being a Ned Kelly die hard , it reminded me a bit of the old Kelly Hut :D

1426369078_image.jpg

Jaros, its amazing how many things we let slide when cars and girls come along mate, lol Love the perkins dwt that will throw some water mate! AND Yep your right Bacchus it is very much in that vane, the wifey and I lived in an old miners split log wall place, way back when we were 19 and had our first, had painted newspaper for the inner walls, had to carry water from the well to a copper for hot water, kitchen had wood stove and tank water, you know, I REALLY MISS THOSE DAYS!!!!!!

I remember the copper in the backyard, the 40 mtrs clothes line down the length of the yard held up by long poles. The outside loo, fly heaven,the smell of Phenyle used to sanitise and kill the smell--PHEW! . The smell in the laundry while my mother plucked chooks-phew!!
Great times :|

I was Living like that with an outside galley kitchen that had a coke stove and the water supply from an f troop style tower(steel tank though) going through a coil of copper pipe inside the old copper boiler so I had hot water for the shower, ate out of the veggie patch and orchard, used solar power for electricity(no fridge),.... and then 15 years ago I came to town to have children(not enough water in the bush for that).

BrisJoe, I am a rigger when not plumbing so do crane work and also do confined space work...your harness looks the goods...good job!!!