Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandbagger said:
Your kids must think you're awesome!

im just hoping it will stop the grandkids from being screen junkies, use their imaginations. i like projects which are quick to make, not sure id have the patience to do what your doing Baz.

i am going to take some inspiration from your work though and craft a jarah cake knife in the near future.

Todays project, all from the scrap bin, ripped on bandsaw, sanded and cut to size, wheels turned on lathe.
1571807295_image.jpg

1571807323_image.jpg

In between a thousand other projects, large and small, I thought I'd have a bit of fun with a heap of junk destined for landfill.

Mech has been a bit of an interest never followed up, so it's time to try my hand. There are lots of cool mech references and artists online to take inspiration from, but I really want to come up with my very own shape.

Aside from a very loose stick-figure sketch to begin with, I am essentially making this one up as I go along, very much dependant on the materials at hand.

I still have a lot more tech-looking gear to attach to it before the armour plating goes on, then a paint job with my new airbrush system I got for my birthday.

This took about seven hours so far.

iIiVhdF.jpg

MOpUpng.jpg

ZQFps4G.jpg

ZSOUaAz.jpg

g6u2bPi.jpg

JrDkFOK.jpg

AiZwyKA.jpg

0W4uFBO.jpg

JFn0LC1.jpg

Rockhunter62 said:
J Roy said:
Today I make my own beer :beer:

What, don't they make Kjala anymore J Roy? I didn't mind a drop or two of that stuff. :beer:

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62

Did you mean Finnish "Karjala" beer or Finnish term of beer "kalja"?

Cheers :beer:

tried that j roy and finished the fermenting process with stomach

green from lots of perspectives :) time and sugar I found the best balance :perfect:

Finished this morning a cornhole board for our after Xmas dinner games, basically you throw a 150mm square bag filled with dried corn to a sloping board and try and get it thru the hole, its a nine metre throw to a 150mm diameter hole. Thru the hole 3 points, on the board 1 point, played in teams or one on one.
Scoring is a minus game, if I put one thru the hole and three on the board I get six points, if my opponent gets four on the board he gets four points, his four from my six gives me an end score of two. First to twenty one.
Second game was a marble drop for one of my daughters friends.
1572998464_16d4ca3d-7f09-41f8-aa58-849d831c3c61.jpg

1572998496_47e96cc0-dd5b-4c3a-a047-0d234c64420a.jpg