Time to start contributing - Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Bit about myself, only been in Victoria for a couple years and after coming across WalnLiz videos on youtube one day I quickly ended up down the prospecting rabbit hole.
I've only been doing occasional alluvial prospecting with pan & sluice (Thanks Goldrat) for about 12-14 months and have spent a lot of time on here and on youtube watching, reading and learning as much as I can.

After our first trip to Daylesford for a day and finding a few specks as well as a bunch of nice zircons my partner and I were hooked.

For the passed couple months have had occasional access to a friends 4500 which has been an incredibly steep learning curve, I actually ended up getting in touch with Minelab Gold who used to post here through his youtube channel and spent a training day with him which was brilliant especially since I found a couple bits.

As I said, I've spent a lot of time reading through posts and have learnt a ton from this forum so thought it's time to sign up and start contributing, asking questions and share my first finds I got a few weeks ago while detecting.

This forums is amazing the wealth of knowledge and from reading through all the posts and comments being able to go out and find gold really is a great experience.

Now that I have access to the 4500 I think it's the start of a new journey, hopefully a yellow one, but regardless it's been a great way to travel around the Vic countryside and learn about the history of the region.

Cheers.

-TG.

:Y: great intro TG welcome to PA and Vic your definitely not leaving any time soon :playful: your hooked :Y: Get busy asking questions in the threads that catch your eye to rack up your 10 post's and the members section will open up then you can join in the meet ups and all the fun that comes with them.

Good stuff T.G. The 4500 is a awesome machine. Man Id like to spend a day or two with M.G. that guy is on point :Y:

Welcome TG,

I'm with RM Outback - that was a terrific intro! :Y:

All the best with your search for yellow! :)

Look forward to seeing your future posts.

Cheers,
Megsy

Latest posts