The reason I haven't been out.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Despite the cold weather there is other reasons why I have not been on the hunt.

I was saving for this bad boy!!

1404944956_10511243_10152209609428601_3449659748669579087_n.jpg

It is sooo pretty!

It's a Maton SRS70C. New model that came out in January I believe, comes with the AP5 Pro and sounds great. It is a bit different from the normal Maton sound but I've started to play songs with the old man who already has a full Maton sound so I didn't want to have two of the same. It has a very nice sound of it's own tho.

Cheers.

Daniel, i know what it is to be engrossed with music. I played "in the 1960'2-1980's' in a dance band in Melbourne doing mainly Dutch and German Functions like Oktoberfest. It was a great time with great music around of all sorts. My instrument was the Piano Accordian. I had a normal one, a beaut Paoli Soprani with dynamic microphones i placed inside carefully for a better sound reproduction. I also had one that at the time was quite unique in that it was an electronic organ within the casings of the accordian.
Apart from being a "novelty" in that era ,"60's -70's" it sounded very , very good as well as over $1200 and gave a lot of depth to the sound of the band. The band consisted of 2 sax players, 1 trombone, 1 drummer, a guitarist and myself on the Accordian/ Organ.
We played one night alongside the ABC Showband at St Kilda Town Ha and were given a great compliment by the their band leader Brian May for having such a great versatile sound.
What is your choice of music.
I hope you enjoy music for a long time.

Daniel said:
Despite the cold weather there is other reasons why I have not been on the hunt.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...3_10152209609428601_3449659748669579087_n.jpg

It is sooo pretty!

It's a Maton SRS70C. New model that came out in January I believe, comes with the AP5 Pro and sounds great. It is a bit different from the normal Maton sound but I've started to play songs with the old man who already has a full Maton sound so I didn't want to have two of the same. It has a very nice sound of it's own tho.

Cheers.

A good addition to any prospecting camp site!

good to see you following your passion mate love to hear you play around a camp fire I cant play a cd :)

Daniel said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...3_10152209609428601_3449659748669579087_n.jpg

It is sooo pretty!

Cheers.

That is a sweet piece Dan, it's good to have a hobby / life balance.

Nice Daniel very nice and Australian yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought my CW Maton back in '72 and still sounds great. Hope you have many years together and treat her gently.
Cheers
Mackka

Hey Jaros love the accordion and the Schnapps , ya das is goodt (or something like that) love those polkas.

Jaros: That sounds amazing!

Mackka: The other guitar I play is the old man's it's also a CW80 from the early 70's! It's the best guitar i've heard so far!!

Thanks everyone for the support!!

Cheers! Hope to see us around the campfire soon.

Daniel said:
Jaros: That sounds amazing!

Mackka: The other guitar I play is the old man's it's also a CW80 from the early 70's! It's the best guitar i've heard so far!!

Thanks everyone for the support!!

Cheers! Hope to see us around the campfire soon.

HI DANIEL. Maton, very nice. never really played acoustics, but MATON are a nice,well built guitar. a friend of mine had a 1950s model,not sure which, one of the earliest. needed a bit of restro.some dealer offered $200 hahaha. ovation, then takermine were big for a while.
happy strumming. :cool:

Hi Daniel, the guitarist in our band had a twin neck guitar--rhythm and bass, but occasionally the drummer who worked with Allans Music in Melbourne lent him a beautiful Maton and the sound was fantastic.
Oh memories.
:rolleyes:

That's great Daniel. Maton hand made in Melbourne and I am lucky to know a Maton Authorised Repairer in Nth. Brisbane if I ever need one. You should see his collection just a drool!!
Enjoy the dream and treat her gently.
Cheers
Mackka

Latest posts