The Power Has Gone Out....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live/ work in a construction camp in the middle of nowhere my choice....
There are 6 thumping great gen sets ....
4 running 24/7 1 on stand by the other down for service....
Well strike me flamin pink the 4 running decided to spit the dummy and shut down....
The service crew have been trying to get them up and running for a bout 3 hrs now ...
Thank the lucky stars ir didn't happen last night .....would have missed the Sate of Origian.....

Nothing is working if the power outage goes more than 12 or 14 hrs I am guessing there will be a lot more curry served next week maybe .....

The mobile phone tower has its own gen set ....
So I can still access the forum....
All my electronic gear has battery back up ....

The mess hall has emergency lighting .....
No power means no water no bugger all....
Lucky it is The start of Winter ...lol
Nights are cool about 20/25 ....lol

Have a great night folks....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

At least you can enjoy the stars in peace and quiet for a while :lol: I'd be interested to know why they all stopped at once, what has happened to the standby set?
Jon

My thoughts are the pump that transfers fuel to the day tank from the main tank has gone on the fritzzz....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

FUEL BLOCKAGE
somewhere critical for all 4 generators, or correspondingly the earth wire common for all 4 generators, that's the only obviously easily overlooked thing I can think of. :eek: :D

blisters,
There is no price and quiet ....
There is an operating crushing plant,trains,haul trucks etc etc about 3 or 4 is away....= noisy.....
As for the stars. Bloody cloud cover rain predicted for the next 4 days.....
Most nights the stars are brilliant even with the light pollution ....

Silver....
The gen sets have run 24/7 for the last 3 years this is the first time there has been a prob with them ....
No doubt the boffins will have a story tomorrow ....

Anyway time for me to park up my day starts at 03:30

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Latest posts