The Mary River Croc or Crocs....?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware the Mary river was croc central in the early days...until man did his cleansing! so for the past 3years i'm aware of....a 5 meter monster has been evading capture...probably to well fed and bloody smarter than the fools trying to catch him/her..
Well last month it was sighted at Tiaro next day moving up river?
Now there has been multiple sightings at multiple sites???
Last time i went rocking down the widgee area of the Mary i noticed a log sticking up close to shore ....but wasn't there when i setup???
I seriously reckon their are a few of them...they have plenty of food hence no attacks on people...cause i just saw one driving over Kidd bridge??? And it was FAT!!!!

yobskin said:
Just so everyone is awear the Mary river was croc central in the early days...until man did his cleansing! so for the past 3years im awear of....a 5meter monster has been evading capture...probably to well fed and bloody smarter than the fools trying to catch him/her..
Last time i went rocking down the widgee area of the mary i noticed a log sticking up close to shore ....but wasnt there when i setup???
I seriously reckon their are a few of them...they have plenty of food hence no attacks on people...cause i just saw one driving over Kidd bridge??? And it was FAT!!!!
It's been a long time now since they've been totally protected Yob, and the Mary is within their natural range so it's not surprising i suppose that floating logs are now coming back into the system. Stay safe along the edges mate, those buggers don't care if you're a prospector, fisher or calithumpian when it comes to getting a feed :)

The small one or the big one ????

1450339143_image.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-26/police-find-body-of-darwin-man-taken-by-croc/4911268

Is that Mary river in N/T,I haven't been near Mary river since 1998, I know of a family that run Safari hunts from their property along the river for the exotic types of animals they purchased for the purpose of hunting and breeding and I was meant to return and be the guide. all the stories I heard at the Adelaide river hotel is that its not a place for second guessing yourself that's for sure...

If your a hunter and in the area I would highly recommend them as they are the friendliest people I've met and they will make you feel more than welcome....

Ha.. Yep they are in the Mary for sure. My mates used to go on a fishing trip to the top end every year and bring one back as a laugh. Dead or course. They would dump it in a tourist swimming pool just for a laugh. :)

Parks said:
Ha.. Yep they are in the Mary for sure. My mates used to go on a fishing trip to the top end every year and bring one back as a laugh. Dead or course. They would dump it in a tourist swimming pool just for a laugh. :)

Mates hey, Their always a good laugh aren't they.. I remember when I was younger some local released a salt water croc in the broken river Benalla right in the middle of town I even think a photograph of it bathing on the foreshore made the front page of the Benalla ensign, what people do for kicks when their bored I guess here in Australia :rolleyes: .. but about the OP story I did here that the warmer weather and water is going to continue to bring them further inland and in recent months they have been located in places that were previously thought only to be freshwater crocs, well that what I read somewhere only last week.... 8) always check for signs of activity before attempting to go near the waters edge especially I would imagine in Queensland and Northern territory, well that would be my golden rule other than don't go near the water lol but most cant resist the temptation...

yobskin said:
Just so everyone is aware the Mary river was croc central in the early days...until man did his cleansing! so for the past 3years i'm aware of....a 5 meter monster has been evading capture...probably to well fed and bloody smarter than the fools trying to catch him/her..
Last time i went rocking down the widgee area of the Mary i noticed a log sticking up close to shore ....but wasn't there when i setup???

http://www.gympietimes.com.au/news/search-back-on-for-mary-river-croc/2847093/

I found this for the thread....

More like a dinosaur. Lived in the NT for 3 years but did not see one that big.

It would be good if the Parks and wildlife officers had taken reported sighting of crocs in the Mary river QLD seriously 15 years ago instead of trying to make fools of them (anyone reporting seeing crocs) for the last 13 years until 2013 when photo's started being taken, now they have gotten up into freshwater areas we can expect some poor kid to go missing soon, also you must realise when camping crocs regulary travel over land for a feed and unfortunately most camp right close by the rivers here.

Im crazy insane....mates have been tellin me that for years...
Its what you get after riding and killing monster sharks half your life dodging bullets from steel decks...love the sound of a ricotche ....

yobskin said:
Im crazy insane....mates have been tellin me that for years...
Its what you get after riding and killing monster sharks half your life dodging bullets from steel decks...love the sound of a ricotche ....

It's funny how you can taste the Air when they wiz over ya head, It's like all ya senses wake up at once, lol :eek: :eek:

I had to get an import license to bring that hat in to the country, everything involving Croc's is under a keen eye. Al leased the ones they know of lolol

At first i used to hit the deck and chance it with a not so happy shark out of water....then i didnt care about getting a graze once and a while....
Importing croc hats.....hahahaha

Latest posts