The Malibu Meteorite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gedday there Folks .. Like many of you who've spent a night or two or more camped out in bush and away from city lights, I've spent good deal of time over the years gazing upwards in awe of night sky .. Some of those moonless 'Under the Milky Way Tonight' moments on the Palmer bring on that urge to buy a half decent telescope sometime and take a better, deeper look and find out more.

So, in the hope that this post might be useful to someone and amusing for everyone, here's a link that will take you to one of those 'spacey' only in America kinda stories contained within a web site with all manner of interesting info on things astronomical including a free 352 page download of a book entitled 'Astronomy for Dummies' (not suggesting that any of my fellow PA forum members are!).

Hope youse like it, ..ay.

http://www.davidreneke.com/the-meteorite-that-mangled-the-malibu/

P.S. In 1982, the Malibu, then worth about 3 grand tops, sold for US$200,000.00. ..!!

I say super man had a bad landing, always a first. A meteor the size of a LOAF of bread would have to create a crater. A so called meteor hit a 40 series cruiser back 30 years, they said space junk, just think how many satelite are floating around the earth, they say meteor shower, i say satelite failure mate

Latest posts