The Homebrew Channel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A simple question, who here makes their own brew? Feel free to share your methods, pics etc.

Following with interest :D

Cheers,
Nugget

I'd love to learn how. Have been eyeing off those Beer Barrels they sell at the KMart for a while but haven't taken the plunge yet. Been looking at the home brew kits also. My father used to make beer and mulberry wine at home when I was a youngster hence the interest in brewing my own now :D

My father also used to make the occasional homebrew, beer, apple cider and gingerbeer. I was too young to try the beer but the apple cider and gingerbeer tasted alright from memory. I haven't attempted to make my own as yet, but it's something I'd like to do one day.

Way way back when the kids were young I was known to brew a bottle or two.

1404378293_beer_beerracks.jpg

I brew my own. I have 2 x 20 lt barrels as it's to cold this time of the year to brew. I brew in the shed. I only brew over a couple of months in summer. at least till I finish insulation and lining my shed. :D Ya gotta love my shed! I even have a flushing toilet out there :D . But it's not real private :8 god help anyone that walks in while I'm reading the paper 8) .
I even put my own labels on them.
1404381773_img-20140215-00584.jpg

I brewed this one in honor of the "Hair Coo Tour" that I went on in Scotland last year. I posted the same picture on the FB page. They loved it. Its a good drop too.
I have tried a few different brands but have settled on Coopers Lager. I just stick to the recipe. the longer you leave it in the bottle the better the taste. What I am drinking now I made in Dec. I have about 7 cartons stored at the moment and that's heaps to last till the new year.

Cliff

(I'm in the mood for a beer now)

I used to brew my own back in my wilder days ( i dont drink anymore) today there are so many more options and varieties.
Out of all the different types i tried , i always went back to Coopers lager, it was pretty well idiot proof to make and everyone liked it . Funny though (well... not really) there were always plenty of mates around to help drink it but when it came to washing the bottles , i was on my own. I would use a large plastic garbage bin with black plastic lid. I would do 2 brews in each bin , 2 bins at a time ( thats about 120 long necks ) i used a submersible fish tank heater in each bin during the colder winter months to maintain a constant temperature ( worked perfectly)

I still
Pulled a batch off last night
1 more to go today
Then the filtering begins :D

hey Nugget, here is a photo of my Dandelion wine, been sitting for Twelve months and should be bottled !
1404484484_sam_2583.jpg

This is my first go ever of brewing wine, I have the next demijohn ready to go, but never tasted it yet.
Apparently you are able to have a taste as you bottle it on to the next demijohn, and you can do that within two weeks of brewing.
I was a bit slack ,as that two weeks has turned into twelve months, but, who knows, it may make for a better wine in the long run(fingers crossed for the lazy boy).

I always " used to" brew my own wine & beer, can't beat it, when you do it yourself as you can make it exactly how "you " like it.

I haven't brewed for a few years but used to have a keg system...Also used a double barrel so I could mix the brews with my favourite being coopers larger and stout mixed together...By the way,are there some posts gone missing from this thread???

Sparra said:
I haven't brewed for a few years but used to have a keg system...Also used a double barrel so I could mix the brews with my favourite being coopers larger and stout mixed together...By the way,are there some posts gone missing from this thread???

What makes you say that?

All above posts are numbered and in ordered and none
Missing.

Nugget said:
A simple question, who here makes their own brew? Feel free to share your methods, pics etc.

Following with interest :D

Cheers,
Nugget

I drink home brew :) I got a mate making and give him $20 /15 large bottles he makes a profit I like beer. lawnmower brew the go Its like a mid . he needs to step up production as I'm drinking more than he makes .

We tried to bottle in the TapKing it worked but I wasted a lot beer, bottling in normal stubbies is a no go as bottles these days are weak , I was getting broken bottles. but the large plastic bottles and beer is nice .

Latest posts